Thursday, May 3, 2012


Background:  The comment about Sariah being so cute....Sariah is Jolene's 4 year old daughter who is really cute and energetic (she's the one in the attached photo with her eyes closed...photo taken almost 2 years ago).  Well, the other day she asked Ann for a glass of water, and Ann, always the grandma teaching proper manners says,  "What's the magic word?"  Sariah looked puzzeled for a second and then smiled and replied, "Bippity Boppity Boo?"    Val

 

Seriously, Sariah is so cute! Ha, what a funny little one. I am excited to see them. First thing, I plan on calling home next Sunday around 3 my time which will be noon your time. I hope that will work out. Maybe you can come home a little early from church. Maybe I will try to wait till around 3:15 or so. That should give you enough time. Make sure you feed Jodee a little bit before hand so that she will talk to me...at least for a little bit.

I can't believe that Mindy gets home so soon. So crazy. I don't ever have enough time to read all of her letters but we plan on doing some major chat time when I get back.

Sounds like you all are doing so good! I love that! I would love to see some updated pics of Rylee since I'm sure she looks so old now. I want to see pics of everybody actually but I don't know how realistic that will be. I'll be content on what I get.

It has been busy around her. My companion doesn't know English too well so that has been fun. I laugh most of the day everyday even though she doesn't know why she is funny. She is just so honest and without any guile at all. She says what is on her mind at all times. If you ever want complete honesty, ask Sister Lin. Oh, she is so cute. She keeps on saying that I am perfect...looks like I'm teaching her English very well! Ha! I think it is just because she hasn't had a companion yet that really communicates with her. I don't know. All I know is that she is so funny. I wish you could all meet her. She said I was like a flower and everyone is a bee and wants honey. hahahahahaha...I have no idea what she is talking about but you can catch a glimpse as to why I am always laughing.

Being a trainer at the VC has been busy. Just trying to learn everything. I feel inadequate in every way but I know I am to learn something from this. I know I have learned patience, humility, and other things here on the mission and Heavenly Father knows I still have such a long way to go. Friday we get to go to the temple. I love the temple so much. I'm so excited about that. And then Saturday we get to hear from Elder Bednar for 3 hours. Oh, I am spoiled! I LOVE IT! Next Tuesday I sing in the program at the VC. I'm singing a song called, "Child of Light". Don't know if you know it but that is what I was asked to sing. I had a horrible dream last night that it was terrible. Ha, well, I guess that is what it will be. I don't know why they ask for me to sing solos. Terrible idea but oh well.

Oh last week I got to attend a leadership training meeting and the Matsumori's have lunch with the 4 sisters who are VC trainers afterward. They are so incredible. I expect he will definitely be a General Authority one day. Sister Matsumori was in the General Primary Presidency before they came out here. I'm pretty lucky. They asked if we had any questions. I love questions so it was fun to ask them. I'm going to have to think of some good questions for next time.

Well I hope you are all doing fantastic! I love you all so much and am praying for you all the time. During our phone call I only have 40 min to talk just to let you know. I want to know how the anniversary things are going and how everyone is doing.

I love you all. I'd better go. Keep me updated with everything!

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment