Friday, May 11, 2012

Background:  The "miracles" Janell is referring to is the day-to-day blessings we receive that her mom writes to her about...Jodee falling in Primary, but being rescued and unhurt...a new job from out of the blue...straight A's in school...genealogy information from an unknown relative...etc.  The missionary brother that went to Spain was Craig. -  Val

 I LOVE hearing all the miracles that are happening. It makes me so happy! It has been a wonderful week here. Last Saturday we had Elder Bednar come teach us for 3 hours! I loved every second. He just taught doctrine and taught us the true way to teach-just as the Savior taught. I didn't want it to end. That usually happens whenever general conference ends or an apostle speaks, I never want it to end. Elder Bednar is so good. So many experiences have happened where his words have been the ones I needed at that moment. His spirit is so strong. He truly is an apostle of the Lord. Maybe we can chat a little more about that on Sunday! Which, yes, I will try and call around 12:30 your time. It should work out just fine.

I'm glad to hear that Dobbie is fine. I love that angels are always with her to help her.

Last night was "Night of Music and Inspiration". I was way nervous as always but when I got up to sing the nerves weren't as bad. Still nervous voice but the spirit of the song is so strong so it didn't matter. It is a pretty song. Perla came and I was so happy to see her! I introduced her to my companion and told her how we were friends before the mission. Sister Lin looked at me funny and asked, "how did that happen?". Ha! She thought I broke some kind of rule or something. I told her to ask Heavenly Father about it because HE did it. She seemed a little better after that. Sister Lin is very honest. I certainly am VERY aware now of all my faults and wrong doings. Oh, good times.

I love that Lynda got all "A"s"!!! YES! I knew she was always brilliant:)

I love that Craig and Denise got their house and that Mike got a new job. Sounds like things are going well. I loved getting a picture of JoAnn and Jordan and Rylee. She is SO cute! I love hearing about everyone. So fun.

I have been very busy here. I seem to have less time in my area because I am at the Visitor Center more often. That is ok though because I LOVE the VC! It is fun to see everyone who comes in. Yesterday there were people who came in from Spain. I told them that my brother served his mission there. They were nice. They didn't want to have missionaries but I think they had a nice time. The Spirit is so strong in that building. I love being right next to the temple. I love the temple. We got to go there last Friday. I truly am so blessed.

I don't have a lot of time left but I will be talking to you all soon! Sunday!!!!

I love you all so much! I miss you like crazy! Talk to you Sunday!

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment