Family!
Great to hear from you as always. To answer some of your questions mom, my p-days have been on Thursdays but next week it will be on Wednesday. It just depends if we are scheduled to work at the VC on Wed which we have been. My schedule there changes every week. Sometimes we have a lot of shifts and other times we only have a couple. If people are coming out it is not guaranteed that they will see me but I guess that is ok since I'm not supposed to have people visit me. Which reminds me, Diane was talking about coming here after she picks up Mindy. As much as I would want to see them, I cannot arrange anything because I would be breaking rules and I would feel bad. If I run into them...I cannot control that:) But I probably won't be able to teach with Mindy. I would LOVE to have her come out with me to teach Russian people but I know that my President will say no...so there it is. I love seeing people that come out here and I just happen to be at the Visitor Center. I guess that is what will happen when one gets called to the capitol of the US AND serves at one of the biggest attraction spots in DC. It is awesome!
Tell Jacob and Jen congrats on the new one! He is so cute and Lizzy is HUGE! What the? She is old. Weird how that goes. Also thank you for sending the funeral program. I'm glad it was a nice program. I hope the kids are doing alright.
This week has been a busy one. I feel like this area is so busy. We are always on the go and i LOVE it! I love teaching people and seeing the happiness that it brings to them. So wonderful. We have a baptism next Sunday for Michelle. She is so awesome. I didn't teach her at all but I get to watch her be baptized and be so happy. That I guess is truly my favorite part anyway:) She is SO funny and I love being around her. We also had a couple of miracles last week and we are able to get a couple of people on date to be baptized. This is such a blessing to them! I love it! Cadie and her daughter Yvonne are set to be baptized in a few weeks. They are from Africa. Love them.
So funny thing happened last night at the VC. A guy called in and he told us that he wanted to propose to his fiance at the temple and wanted the sister missionaries to be there and be singing as he proposed. Well, us sisters thought that would be a little awkward but we wanted his night to be the best it could be. Ended up that he proposed by the temple and then brought her in to the VC and went into a theatre and there were sister missionaries singing, "Come thou Fount" as they walked in. It is what he wanted. After that song they sang "All Creatures of our God and King"...another song he wanted to be sung. I help arrange everything and assigned sisters to sing. I wasn't in the room of course because I was too embarrassed. I guess the fiancee was crying so it went well apparently. SO funny. They then watched a movie we have that is about families so that is good. I love the VC. You never know what you are going to get.
I love the mission. I love the VC. It is so fun to talk to people but also so fun to have so many sisters and elder couples serving to talk to and have fun with. I am convinced that this was the best mission for me and I would not survive any other mission.
Thank you for always sending me emails and keeping me updated. Dad, I'm so excited for your meeting with Steve and Brian. I will be praying for you. I really hope it goes well! I love fastball! Oh, I forgot to tell you. There is a senior couple serving that is in Rene's home ward in Orem and he was a pitching coach for BYU. Coach Knoll. He is a great guy and it is fun to talk baseball with him when I see him.
Anyway, I love you all so much!
LOVE,
Sister Lewis
Great to hear from you as always. To answer some of your questions mom, my p-days have been on Thursdays but next week it will be on Wednesday. It just depends if we are scheduled to work at the VC on Wed which we have been. My schedule there changes every week. Sometimes we have a lot of shifts and other times we only have a couple. If people are coming out it is not guaranteed that they will see me but I guess that is ok since I'm not supposed to have people visit me. Which reminds me, Diane was talking about coming here after she picks up Mindy. As much as I would want to see them, I cannot arrange anything because I would be breaking rules and I would feel bad. If I run into them...I cannot control that:) But I probably won't be able to teach with Mindy. I would LOVE to have her come out with me to teach Russian people but I know that my President will say no...so there it is. I love seeing people that come out here and I just happen to be at the Visitor Center. I guess that is what will happen when one gets called to the capitol of the US AND serves at one of the biggest attraction spots in DC. It is awesome!
Tell Jacob and Jen congrats on the new one! He is so cute and Lizzy is HUGE! What the? She is old. Weird how that goes. Also thank you for sending the funeral program. I'm glad it was a nice program. I hope the kids are doing alright.
This week has been a busy one. I feel like this area is so busy. We are always on the go and i LOVE it! I love teaching people and seeing the happiness that it brings to them. So wonderful. We have a baptism next Sunday for Michelle. She is so awesome. I didn't teach her at all but I get to watch her be baptized and be so happy. That I guess is truly my favorite part anyway:) She is SO funny and I love being around her. We also had a couple of miracles last week and we are able to get a couple of people on date to be baptized. This is such a blessing to them! I love it! Cadie and her daughter Yvonne are set to be baptized in a few weeks. They are from Africa. Love them.
So funny thing happened last night at the VC. A guy called in and he told us that he wanted to propose to his fiance at the temple and wanted the sister missionaries to be there and be singing as he proposed. Well, us sisters thought that would be a little awkward but we wanted his night to be the best it could be. Ended up that he proposed by the temple and then brought her in to the VC and went into a theatre and there were sister missionaries singing, "Come thou Fount" as they walked in. It is what he wanted. After that song they sang "All Creatures of our God and King"...another song he wanted to be sung. I help arrange everything and assigned sisters to sing. I wasn't in the room of course because I was too embarrassed. I guess the fiancee was crying so it went well apparently. SO funny. They then watched a movie we have that is about families so that is good. I love the VC. You never know what you are going to get.
I love the mission. I love the VC. It is so fun to talk to people but also so fun to have so many sisters and elder couples serving to talk to and have fun with. I am convinced that this was the best mission for me and I would not survive any other mission.
Thank you for always sending me emails and keeping me updated. Dad, I'm so excited for your meeting with Steve and Brian. I will be praying for you. I really hope it goes well! I love fastball! Oh, I forgot to tell you. There is a senior couple serving that is in Rene's home ward in Orem and he was a pitching coach for BYU. Coach Knoll. He is a great guy and it is fun to talk baseball with him when I see him.
Anyway, I love you all so much!
LOVE,
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment