Friday, April 6, 2012

Family!
Hello there! It sounds like you have been having a lot of fun without me...as it should be. Maybe when I get back I will be able to go to all those fun places that you get to go:) I got your Easter present..thank you! Email time is the hardest because I have to try and remember all that has happened this past week. Conference was last weekend and I LOVED it! I never feel like it is long enough. I guess I have come a long way since I was younger where conference was forever long. It goes by too fast now. I love all of the messages. A few of our investigators came and that was a miracle. We watched the first session with Michelle who is getting baptized this Sunday. She is so fun. I will be friends with her after the mission for sure. She make me laugh so hard! I'm excited for her baptism. I was asked to speak in church this Sunday, no pressure since it is Easter! Oh golly. I'm pretty sure that they only asked me because my last name was the only one that he could pronounce so I am the one giving the talk. It is the same day of the baptism. I kind of wish I didn't have to worry about a talk on the baptism day but it will be fine. I am using this opportunity to invite all the people we are teaching which they will be more likely to come to church if I say that I am speaking and want them to come. I just hope and pray that it is not going to be terrible. Pray that it will be fine. I need it for sure. It is about the Resurrection. Sometimes I wish I could just read talks given by apostles since they say it best. Oh well, it should be fine:)

So, I am reading Jesus The Christ like I have mentioned before and I love it. I am toward the end of the book now so it is pretty intense. But because I am reading it I have a new found desire to go to Jerusalem. Yesterday at the Visitor Center I was informed that there was a couple there from Israel. So I went up and started to talk to them and found out that they are from specifically Jerusalem. I got the chills from it. We talked about Jerusalm and places where Christ was. The husband said that he wasn't religious or a believer but he respected other's beliefs. His wife I guess is a bible teacher there. I had a wonderful conversation with them about the temple. I mainly listened to them though because I was learning from them. There was nothing magnificent about what we talked about but there was a cool feeling as we were talking. I know it was because we were talking about the Savior. Toward the end of our conversation the wife turned to me and asked if she could ask me a personal question. Her english wasn't too good but she really wanted to ask me something. She asked if Lewis was my name. I said yes. She then turned to her husband and he told me that it is a Hebrew name. I had no idea. He said that the 'w' in eastern europe and where they are from are 'v's. So it is Levi, from that tribe. That tribe teaches the importance of the temple or something like that. I got the chills again. They asked if it was my first name or my last name. I told them it was my last and he said it was even more important them. He said the 's' at the end signifies more that you are a part of that tribe of Levi. The wife just smiled real big. I wish they had more time to spend at the VC but they had to go. I was definitly benefitted by their visit. There was something special about it. The church doesn't print any material in Hebrew because it was an agreement they made with Israel or something like that so I couldn't give them anything in their language, but it was a cool experience none the less.

Last night we met a potential investigaor named Benjamin from Ghana. He was so great. He had such a strong spirit about him. We talked about the gospel and he asked if it would be ok for us to come by once or twice a week to talk about it....um...ok! He goes out of town on Saturday for about 6 weeks but when he gets back we will help him out with his request. We told him that we would call him often during the weeks he is gone and he loved that idea. We explained the Book of Mormon and he said, "I feel that it is true what you say about it. It makes sense to me". Um, yep. He is ready. I love that. He is such a good person.

Today is my companion's birthday so we are going to celebrate it...don't know how yet but we will. I am going to get my hair done first because it looks so bad. Just to let you know mom, next week is when I have p-day on Wednesday. I know I told you it was this week but I was mistaken. So make sure that your letter is written before Wednesday. I am super excited for Carrie getting married on the 20th. I don't know if I told you that but yep. I'm so happy for her and so sad that I am missing it but I know it is so wonderful!

I love you all so much. Keep me posted on everything!

LOVE YOU!

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment