Thursday, March 15, 2012

Transferred

Hello my family!

Yes, I am now out of DC. I have been there my whole mission thus far. It is weird to be out of there. I got used to everything and how city life was. I feel like I'm in a regular town. I have been transferred to Laurel Maryland and I have 2 new companions, Sister Fehlam from Mesa, AZ and Sister Wankier from Brigham City, Utah. They are both pretty new and great sisters. Fehlman has been out 2 transfers and Wankier just finished her first. We are in a trio. That will be interesting and fun. Yesterday I got to sit in the back seat of the car and close my eyes! I didn't fall asleep but it was so great to close my eyes:) Ah the joy of not driving. I may have them drive the whole transfer:) haha

I was looking at a picture of all the sisters that are on the wall of the VC director's office. There are about 4 or 5 rows of our pictures with our names underneath. I was looking yesterday and my picture is on the second row! That means I'm one of the old ones...well I AM the old one but this just means old in the mission age. Kind of funny to see. I never thought I'd make it to the 2nd row (that is the row that the oldest sisters are and where they end their missions). I am far from ending the mission but it was weird to see.

Just to let you know since I am with lots of new things I am at a very ghetto computer in a library where the computer is about my age (no joke) and takes FOREVER! AND it only gives me 30 minutes to email. Needless to say, while I'm in Laurel the emails will probably be a lot shorter. I don't know the people yet here but the work will probably be a lot more fruitful than Chevy Chase. There are a lot more investigators that they are working with so that will be nice to teach again...I think I forgot. Ha, good thing there is the VC where I can teach people who come in. Hopefully we will be able to see some baptisms. That will be fun. I loved the people in the Chevy Chase ward and I will miss them but I'm excited to meet these new people. Our apartment is nice so that is a good thing. Oh and my new district leader is serving in the College Park ward so I am still connected with the Antoniaks in a way (that is my shout out to Tasha :))

It sounds like you are staying busy and Jodee is being such a good missionary! I can't wait to be her companion when I get home! I have seen many miracles in the past couple of weeks. The Lord loves us so much. He is so aware of all of us. This work is SO true. I love it. I just watched a documentary at the VC called "Journey of Faith". It is SOOOO good. I recommend it. It is all about the Book of Mormon and is so interesting. I sure do love the Book of Mormon.

Well, I have to go now. My time is running out. Thank you for all you do! Thank you for your prayers! I love you all so much!

Love,

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment