OH I
love reading letters. It is the best time of week. Sounds like everyone is
doing good. I love that little Riah! She is such a hoot with far too much
personality for her little body. Tell JoAnn that I need more pictures of Rylee.
I miss that little one. We went to a member's house last night who just had a
baby and it reminded me of Rylee since that was who I saw right before I came
out here. I miss holding babies so much! Tell JoAnn that I expect another baby
by the time I get home. Today marks 9 months until I get home. That gives her
just the right amount of time. Let her know. Also tell her happy birthday from
me. I know I have missed so many birthdays so let everyone know that I'm sorry
but I do wish them all a happy birthday! Mom, that goes for you and Amber here
next week!
It
is so hard to remember my weeks. We met with that investigator last Wednesday
and he has read about 150 pages of the BofM. I don't think he quite understands
the priesthood and apostacy very well. He said that he doesn't want to meet
with us for a couple of weeks. He wants time to read. We called him yesterday
and he agreed to meet with us next Monday to read with him. I thought that would
be good. I love the Book of Mormon and the Spirit is always there when you read
from it. It will be good to see him again. Otherwise, all of our investigators
have disappeared. They don't contact us back or don't want to meet with us.
That means that we have to do more finding but that is what I am the worst at.
Probably because I don't like it. I love to teach but don't like to find. I
pray that I will start to love it soon. Yesterday I feel like we had a miracle.
It may be mini in some eyes but I see it as one. We were walking around town
last night checking on people and we didn't have any luck. We walked far and I
was thirsty. When we got on the main road I saw a Subway and felt like I should
go get some water inside there. There was a CVS store really close by (that is
like a Walgreens type of place) but I felt like I should go inside the
Subway...so we did. I asked for a bottle of water and then paid for it. The guy
who helped us looked at my tag and said, "lds huh?". I said yes, have
you ever met a missionary before? He said that he had and they gave him a book
and he liked it. It was when he was in South Africa. I told him that
missionaries could come by and talk to him more about the book. He looked a
little leary and I think it was because he had a co worker there with him. I
told him that he should talk to missionaries again when he meets them. I then
said that we would come say hi from time to time. And that was it. I know that
Heavenly Father needed that guy to see missionaries again. I hope that
maybe he will be thinking about it anyway and someday he will meet with them
again and learn more of the most wonderful message in all the world. That was
my mini miracle.
I
love this work. I love my study time I get in the morning. I sometimes wish it
was longer because I have so much to learn. I am addicited to the book Jesus
The Christ. I love learning about His life. It is so amazing. He performed so
many miracles and yet people would forget so fast. It is hard to comprehend His
perfection. It is so wonderful and I recommend reading that book to all who
haven't.
Well
I have to go. We have to go shopping and other things. Our computer time has
come to a close. I wish I could just talk to you about all my experiences
because they really are cool. Some are random (like last week we decided to
walk to our dinner appointment and on our way a guy stopped and wanted to hug
us. I gave him a pass along card and told him that we were missionaires. He saw
the picture of Jesus and said, "I love Jesus". I said, "Us
too". Yep. Such funny stories).
Love
you all. Keep me updated on everything!
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment