The
new area is GREAT! There are so many people to teach (well after DC "so
many people" is more than one). And people are so nice. We don't get many
dirty looks and that is a nice change. We have a continental breakfast at the
apartment complex where we stay so we tried it out this morning and everyone
knew who we were and all said hello to us. It was so awesome! I met John and
Gabriel. They are super nice. Gabriel is a Jewish man that loves to talk to us.
I guess he wants to find a mormon girl who will convert to Judaism. Ha. Funny
guy:) Lets see, we are also teaching a lady and her 8 year old daughter. The
mom is from Africa and she is just the sweetest person. Her daughter LOVES us
and the Book of Mormon. She loves the Celestial Kingdom and said that she wants
to go there. They came to church on Sunday and all of her kids loved it. We get
to see them tonight. I love seeing them. They have special spirits about them.
There
is another lady that we go see. Her husband is a member but she is not but she
LOVES the missionaries. She feels like a second mom. When we go over she
has us do crafts. She is so fun. We are going over there this Saturday for
dinner. She is great!
To
answer your question about my apartment, it is SUPER nice. Well for a
missionary apartment anyway it is nice. I get my own bathroom which is awesome.
My companions are great. I love teaching and having a full schedule. It is
funny because I was talking to someone not too long ago that if I just could
have a full calendar to do missionary work, I would love it. And...I have a
pretty full calendar which is SO nice. I love meeting all of these people. We
have a baptism coming up. Her name is Michelle and she is hilarious! When she
found out how old I was she said that she trusts me. Funny because she tells
everyone that she doesn't trust them. Ha. I guess my age is a blessing.
Today
was the coolest because we went with the Cardall's (senior couple) to DC for
the Cherry blossoms. The festival is next week but they say that the blossoms
will be gone by then so we all went today. It was my companions and SIsters
Liddiard, Bleazard, Joost, and Avelar. It was SOOOO fun! We went and walked
around the Jefferson Monument. It was GORGEOUS! Oh my, so pretty. We took lots
of pictures so I will try to get those printed off and sent to you soon. I have
never been to that monument so it was really interesting. Elder Cardall told us
that Thomas Jefferson believed in God but said that the church of Jesus Christ
was not on the earth. He said that it would take a prophet of God to bring back
the same church that Christ had when he was on the earth. Four years after he
said that, Joseph Smith saw his vision. So cool huh? We learned a lot from
Elder Cardall today. It was fun. They remind me of you two so needless to say I
love them a whole lot! They are so fun. They took us out to pizza afterwards. It
was such a good day. (Oh and also we recorded Elder Cardall doing a report on
the cherry blossoms...it was so funny. He used to be a reporter for KSL in Utah
so we had him give a stand up. So great! He also did many documentaries of the
prophets of the church just fyi if you want to look them up)
So
the most awesome thing happened two days ago. I was at the VC because my
companion was performing that night and I was talking to people before it
started. I was talking to Matty, a guy that was in my former area, when I
looked behind them and I thought I saw my friend Meagan Downey. I stopped and
did the biggest double take ever. And after about 10 seconds I realized it was
HER!!! I was so surprised!!! I ran over and gave her the biggest hug. We walked
around the VC and talked and went to the fireside together. It was SOOOOO fun.
I introduced her to all of my friends at the VC. She had them laughing of
course in no time. LaRene knew about it! I can't believe she didn't tell me. I
guess that is good though cause it was a shock. She was in town visiting her
other friends. I showed her kiosks with Marvin Payne and Lita. She knows a lot
of the people on the kiosks. So fun. I also get to see Tasha again in a couple
of weeks because they are going to be performing "The Garden" at the
VC. Her sister Perla (also my friend:)) is directing it. It is going to be so
amazing. They are both so incredibly talented it's ridiculous really. It will
be so fun to watch!
Well
as you can see it has been busy and fun lately. I have been very blessed. I'm
happy to hear that you all are doing so good. I love you all so much! I think
about you all the time and how much I love you all. Thank you for all that you
do for me!
LOVE
YOU!
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment