Monday, August 27, 2012


This past week has been filled with service. I love doing service. It seems like we get a lot of it here in this ward. The people in this ward are so nice. I do love the ward. Me and Sister Lawrence thought of an idea for an activity here. Well it was by the Spirit actually but it will be so cool.  There is a young woman who is a recent convert and she is a dancer. Sister Lawrence knows how to hula and the idea of having a Polynesian night came to mind. We are trying to find a time to have a night with the young woman where they can invite their non-member friends and we can all learn how to hula! The only problem is that Sister Lawrence may not be here in the next transfer but we will figure it out. It should be way fun. This Saturday we are having a free car wash at the church which is another activity that we are hoping that will bring people. I don't know how it will turn out but it should be fun. We are trying to think of different ways of finding people to teach. I love to have fun while doing it so Heavenly Father is helping out so we can do both!

Sunday was the "Why I Believe" program at the Visitor Center. It was so good. Tasha and Perla performed. They are so awesome and talented. I love having talented friends. The speaker was the new mission president and his wife from the DC South mission. It was SO good. That president sure is amazing. The Spirit was so strong.

It seems like my companion and I have been serving at the VC a lot lately. I love the VC. I have the chance to call people. I talked to the lady that got baptized and she was talking about how she plans on going through the temple in a year. She wants me to be there. It would be in the Reno temple. I told her that I'd be there. Wow, this is what it is all about. I love the gospel and how it changes lives. It is so true.

Transfers are next week so I will be updating you with maybe a new companion and/or a new area. I love where I'm serving now but I don't know what the Lord wants for me. I gotta go. LOVE YOU and MISS YOU!

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment