Background: Sorry for getting behind...I got a new computer, and am
just catching up. Marie is our granddaughter...Diane’s daughter.
Val
Did you get my package thing that I sent? It is
just a bunch of stuff from the mission that takes up room. I just wanted to
clean up some things. If you have a book that you are keeping things in then
you are welcome to put it in the book. There are a couple of cd's that you can
listen to. They are from programs that we have had at the VC. I also sent
Dobbie a card. Did she get it? I wanted to write down a recipe for
"healthy cookies" that we had at a member's house the other night but
I forgot to write it. I know that she would love to make them and give them to
her class. It is:
3 bananas (mushed up)
2 cups of oatmeal1/3 cup unsweetend applesauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
coconut (if desired)
1/3 cup crainsins or chocolate chips (I used chocolate chips but they would be more healthy with craisins)
1 tsp vanilla (I forgot to put this in and it still turned out fine)
Mash up the bananas and then add the rest of the
ingredients. Let it sit for 20 min and then put them on a non stick pan and
bake at 375 for 10 min (time and temp will vary). Let them cool. You can freeze
them if you want. I thought they were so good and cool that they were so healthy.
Maybe it could be a fun activity for her to do. Have her let me know how they
turned out and who she gave them to. You can add cocoa powder in the mix but I
don't think it is needed.
Mom, I have a request of you if you can, please
send a copy of the letter Todd wrote to Lexi that dad read at her funeral.
There are some less active members in the ward that just lost their 4 year old
daughter and I mentioned Todd's letter to them. It would be a great way to
remind them of the plan of salvation. I don't think the wife is a member either
so it would be nice for them to remember Heavenly Father's plan. Thank you.
This week has been busy and a LOT has happened.
We don't have many new investigators. We have a guy that wants to bible bash.
He said that we were deceived but said it in a very nice way. I got so sad
because he pretty much insulted the Book of Mormon, which I love, and by so
doing I got really sad. The whole book testifies of the Savior, the very person
that he says that he follows. I didn't say much to him by the end of the lesson
because he just kept talking and talking. We finally left and I was just so
sad. I wasn't angry at all. I then was pondering in the car about the
importance of the Book of Mormon. We decided that we didn't want to experience
what we just had experienced again so we decided to call himi and tell him that
if we come over again that we will only read from the Book of Mormon. I just
knew that is what we needed to do with him. There is nothing he will listen to
and maybe if we suggested only reading from the book he insulted, then he
wouldn't want us to come back over. That is what we kind of wanted. So I called
him and told him that we will only read from the Book of Mormon next time we
come over. He agreed and asked what chapter he needs to read so that he can
write down questions. I was shocked. We meet with him Saturday. I don't know
how it will go but all I know is that we will only read from the Book of
Mormon. Hopefully it will go well.
Also last week I met the coolest kid ever. He
totally reminded me of Caleb. We talked to him and ended up finding out that he
is into theatre and he sang some songs to us from Suessical the musical. I
loved it! I told him that I saw that show before I came on a mission. We just
connected real fast. We haven't been able to get a hold of him but we hope to
soon. He just graduated high school and leaves for college in a couple of
weeks. He has such a nice spirit about him and has a really sweet voice. I love
that he was placed in our path that day.
On Sunday we had a guy show up for church that
we didn't expect to show up. He is originally from Africa and he is the nicest
man. We haven't been able to see him this week because he is in the middle of
finals for school but we hope to see him and teach him. His name is Haptom. He
bows his head everytime we shake his hand. He is so nice.
Yesterday Sister Liddiard (a missionary that
went home a few transfers ago) came into town. It was so fun to see her. I got
a little sad because it was weird not having her as a missionary. It is so
different being a missionary. It is a different feel. She started talking about
being home and how she hates it. She talked about how everyone who was on the
mission has changed a little bit. It made me feel like I will not like being
home. The mission is so hard but it is so good in so many ways. It was weird to
hear her talking about dating and things to that nature. It didn't make me look
forward to that at all. I know much prayer is the only thing that will get me
through post mission life. But I don't have to think about that right now.
I am excited that you got the tickets to come.
It sounds like we will be her for a while. I'm not too thrilled with that
because that is a super long time and I don't know what we will do for that
long of a time especially since I will still be a missionary. Was it the
cheapest? I guess traveling on a Wed would be the cheapest. I guess we will do
a ton of sight seeing. There is a lot to see so that is what will probably
happen.
I love you all so much. Thank you for everything
you do for me. Keep me updated with all the new developments in the life of the
Lewis'. Just to let you know p-day next week will be on Wed and the week after
will be on Thurs. It will probably bounce back and forth for a while so just
try to get your letters written by Tues. I am so excited that you get to go to
Cedar City. That will be SO fun! Can't wait to hear about it!
Love you all so much! Talk to you later!
-Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment