Background: The first part of the letter Janell is talking about the
trip her Mom and I are taking to pick her up in DC in November. – Val
Well I didn't really get a information letter about everything going on but it
was good to get the itinerary. M Street is really fun. There are a lot of shops
and it is right by Georgetown University. I talked with Tasha and Perla (saw
them last night at Night of Music and Inspiration that I sang in) and they said
that we can come to Thanksgiving at their house. It is a while away so not too
sure if that is a sure one but we have about 3 other options as well for
Thanksgiving if needed. People are so nice. That is so exciting that Jennifer
Gale is getting married. I didn't know! Who is she marrying? Tell her that I am
so excited for her! So fun. I would love to see Abrin in his show but don't
know how I'd get there. You already set the airline flights right? No way we
could stop in Utah for a couple of days? By the way, who will be taking care of
Jodee while you come? Is she going to be ok for that long? If we need, you can
make the trip shorter. I just want it all to work out well. I want both you and
dad to come for sure but if it will be hard for Jodee for one reason or another
I'm ok with changing things around. We don't need to stay as long if you don't
want. We can meet everyone faster. Sorry, enough about all of that. It is still
a long ways away so we won't even think about it.
So this week has been good. I love my companion. She is so fun. I haven't been feeling very good lately but maybe it's just my age kickin in:) Sometimes I feel so old. I love the ward I am serving in. There is a girl named Amber Shaw that is a return missionary in the ward who is awesome. She loves to do missionary work and so that is fun. We had a bonfire at her house on Sunday and she brought a less active member along. It was good to talk to him. He wants to come back to church. It was really fun. The members in this ward are great. I love hearing all of the conversion stories from the members. They are pretty awesome. I feel like we are working a lot with less active members right now. We don't have too many investigators really interested but we are searching.
So this week has been good. I love my companion. She is so fun. I haven't been feeling very good lately but maybe it's just my age kickin in:) Sometimes I feel so old. I love the ward I am serving in. There is a girl named Amber Shaw that is a return missionary in the ward who is awesome. She loves to do missionary work and so that is fun. We had a bonfire at her house on Sunday and she brought a less active member along. It was good to talk to him. He wants to come back to church. It was really fun. The members in this ward are great. I love hearing all of the conversion stories from the members. They are pretty awesome. I feel like we are working a lot with less active members right now. We don't have too many investigators really interested but we are searching.
Last night was Night of Music and Inspiration. I sang with Sister Lawrence and
Sister Holt. They did so good. We sang "Be Still My Soul". It was a
good night. I sure do love the VC. I am so blessed.
I wish I had more stories to tell. By p-day I forget everything that has happened. Time is so weird on a mission. Today we had an activity with our zone. We played minute to win it. Abrin would have LOVED it! I have some fun ideas now so we can all play when I get back.
I wish I had more stories to tell. By p-day I forget everything that has happened. Time is so weird on a mission. Today we had an activity with our zone. We played minute to win it. Abrin would have LOVED it! I have some fun ideas now so we can all play when I get back.
I wish I had more stories to tell. Maybe next week I will have so many you won't even know what to do with them all.
I love this work. I love my Savior. This is the true church of Jesus Christ. He is always there for us. Read the Book of Mormon. Pray. Go to church. Serve. Do all these things and I promise you will be happy. It is the remedy. I love this gospel!
I love all of you so much. Keep me updated with everything! LOVE YOU!
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment