Friday, August 3, 2012

Hello!

Here on the mission is has been very busy. I am trying to learn a new area. I am falling in love with the ward. They are SO great. We had a mother and her son randomly show up to church on Sunday. I LOVE when that happens. They had a great time.  In Sunday school they went over Alma 32 which was awesome. I could tell that Jacquline had lots of questions but liked it. Her son Ryan went to the young men's class and I saw kids getting his phone number after church. Also on Sunday it was busy because me and Sis Lawrence had to teach in sharing time in primary. It was so fun! We taught about honesty and did a little skit the kids loved it. I only got to do it for junior primary because I had to go into the Young men, young women meeting and tell my conversion story. They had 3 other people in the ward do the same. I was all over the place on Sunday. We didn't get to go to RS to sit with Jacquline but it was probably for the best. She got to sit with members and that is the best. We talked to her afterward and she said that she learned a lot but she didn't really want to meet with us. She seemed hesitant. If nothing else, it was a good experience for them both. We hope to teach them soon though. That would be awesome!

We met with a man this past Monday and he is very into the Bible. He LOVES the word. We had a great talk and he wrote down all of his questions. He wants evidence. It will be a good experience for me because it will help me study better. I don't know if he is really ready but he is super nice and I'm sure we will have a lot of good conversations. Hopefully something will prick his heart and so he can know of the truth of it all.

Ah, the gospel is so true. I find that out more and more everyday. It is the best thing ever. I want to make a count down till general conference. I LOVE conference. I have been reading last conference addresses and it makes me more excited for the one coming up. We are so blessed.

I got an email from Kim. I am so excited that she is my visiting teacher and she is already SO good. I wish all could be as good as her. Tell her that I am grateful for her testimony and her diligence in serving. What an example she is. I don't have a lot of time to write her so will you let her know? Thanks!

Well, keep me updated with everything. I love you all so much. This work is true! MISS YOU!
-Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment