Background: "Dobbie" is Janell's nickname for her twin
sister, Jodee. - Val
You had a BUSY week! That is awesome! Sounds like a ton of fun and I hope that I can go on a fun trip with you all when I get back home:)
Easter was so wonderful! My miracle is that I knew I had to give a talk in church and I felt a lot of pressure. I read about the resurrection all week and prayed to know what I needed to say. The morning of the talk I prayed that during my personal study that my pen would just write. I only had a couple of ideas and didn't know how to piece them together. Once I started studying I just wrote. I found a talk by Elder Oaks that I based it off of and a couple of experiences popped into my head. My prayer was answered. My talk was written the morning of. I knew it was because I had studied before hand about it and was somewhat prepared for it. Heavenly Father is so awesome and nice to me:) I shared an experience about a lady that came into the VC a long time ago and asked if we were Christians then why did we not have a cross symbol anywhere. That experience started off my talk and then I went with Elder Oak's talk. His talk is really good and you should all look it up. I then talked about Dobbie. It is funny that I have been talking about her a lot lately. After my talk there was a cute down syndrome boy and his dad that came up to me and said that they liked my talk. The kid is so cute. So at least a couple people liked it:)
After
church Michelle got baptized! She is so awesome! I love her a lot. She is a
kindergarten teacher in DC. Her parents and a couple of her friends came. I
ended up singing with another sister "I Stand All Amazed". It was
funny. I guess the water was freezing and Michelle HATES the water so needless
to say, that experience wasn't the best for her but everything went well! She
is so good. I have been so blessed to have been able to meet such wonderful
people on my mission.
Later we went to the VC and in walked my friend Danny! Danny is the autistic boy that comes in to see "Sister Lewis". We are best friends. His dad loves to bring him in because he gets so excited to come in. The dad really wants to meet you two. I keep telling him that I don't know if you will be coming but if you do that we would go up and visit their family in Fredrick, MD. It is a very nice family. He keeps bringing in members of his family to meet me. He told me that he tells them about me. Apparently he is so appreciative that I am nice to Danny but he realizes that Danny and I have a bond. I love seeing Danny. He is a nice boy. I saw another down syndrome boy that came right over to me at the VC and we chatted for a while. I love it.
After that I got to see Tasha and Perla! They did the Garden and it was Fabulous! I loved it! I was fun to hear that music again. The place was packed and I saw a lot of my friends. Easter was a great day!
Well, it has been a good week. Yesterday we had Zone Conference and President and Sister Matsumori gave a workshop about how to answer hard questions since we will be dealing with a lot of media because of the presidential election. We learned about a website through mormon.org that answers a lot of tough questions. It was good information and I recommend you all check it out or tell others to go there. It is mormonnewsroom.org I think. It was such a good workshop. Pretty sure President Matsumori will be an apostle someday. He is such a great man. I love his wife too. They are wonderful people.
Today we had a zone activity. It was fun.
I don't know if I have anything else to report. I love you all so much and I am SO grateful for such a wonderful family. I sure did luck out big time. What a blessing to have goodly parents. You all are such wonderful examples to me. Keep me posted with everything going on.
LOVE YOU!!!!
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment