Friday, September 16, 2011

Update & Photos

Explanations: Perla is the Relief Society President of the local ward Janell is serving in.  Ironically, she is the sister of Janell's great friend in Provo, Tasha!  Small World!  The next email that will follow shortly contains pictures of Perla's birthday "party" for Janell.  She is blessed to have so many wonderful friends!  Definition: "Quad" is a reference to the 4 LDS scriptures that come together in one book, and contains the Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price.  I have also attached some photos of the Visitor Center Missionaries (she is top row, far right...Val



So...I got a package from you! YAY! However, no email. BOO! Thank you so much for the gift that you gave Perla to get me and also the soap! It was awesome!

I had an awesome birthday yesterday. Perla had a picnic for me in her living room. It was SOOOO cooool! She really is so wonderful. We laughed and talked and ate yummy food...and the Georgetown cupcakes were AMAZING! Wow. yep. Good day.  We also had a couple other food appointments so needless to say I was well feed. We had to lessons that we got to teach yesterday. One to a guy that we have never met and the other to an investigator that we have had for a long time. They both went really well. The lesson we gave to Peter (he is a guy from Kenya. He is awesome. He is the guy that we have known for a while), he told us that he is ready to be baptized. Sister Otieno and I were shocked but SO excited! He is so great. I love all the people that I get to meet here.

Today we had a mission Sports Day. Of course our team won both times:) It was really fun. I'm excited for tonight because we have 2 more lessons. One is wiht a girl named Andrea and the other is with a guy named Karl...the one I told you about. He is getting baptized on Sunday so we are going to talk about that! I am SOOOO excited for him! He is truly amazing. I was planning on telling the ward to buy him a quad of the scriptures for his baptism but on Sunday when he came to church he already had them. He ordered them online. Ha! He is wonderful!

I received letters from people in the ward and i LOVED them! I thank them so much for those.

How was Dobe's birthday? What did she do? Did she get my package? I want to know all about it.

Well, I can't really remember the rest of my week. It has been good I'm sure. I love all the people like I said. Heavenly Father is so wonderful and answers our prayers. We just need to ask. Power of prayer is amazing!

I love all of you so much and you are all missed by me:) BE GOOD!

Love,

Sista Lewis





No comments:

Post a Comment