Clarifications: Casey is Janell's nephew (nickname, "Chi"), has been married for almost a year. Heath is a brother-in-law. The message she refers to on lds.org is worth watching....we also saw our good friend Bethany (Slade) in the video on page 1, titled, "I am a child of God"...if you are like me, you'll end up watching most of them...they're like longer versions of the public service announcements from the church....feel good moments! You might also enjoy the story below Janell's, where her mom relates a story of her niece, Mandy, who is an Elk Grove cheerleader and also in the marching band. - Val
Wow, I have gotten so many pictures from all of you and I LOVE them! Everyone is getting so old and I have only been gone a couple of months...what?! Keep em comin. I love them.
It has been a busy, long week but so good. So much has happened. Last night I had official African food. The Kenyan diplomat here is Sister Otieno's friend so we go over there often. Last night we had African food and it was good...spicy but good. I love them. They are so fun and nice. I feel like I have friends all over the world now. Maybe someday I can travel to visit them all:) One in China, Africa, Germany, Chile, Canada, Australia, and the list goes on. I love it:)
Oh, I wanna tell Casey that we taught a guy and he likes to write music for a living...RAP music that is. I immediately thought about you and Heath and your raps. The kid rapped for us. It was awesome. I laughed to myself cause I imagined you and Heath going at it. So funny. This guy is pretty legit though. Also Chi, there is a sign in the lounge of the VC that says, "Shine the light. Be the light." Hahahahaha. I thought of you again. Any babies on the way by the way???:)
This week we were supposed to have our Sports Day for the mission but it was raining so bad so no sports day. i was really looking forward it it. Sometimes here on the mission you just crave those days you know?
Yesterday we also met with our investigator from Folsom. He is getting baptized on the 18th. He is so good. He said that his favorite part of what we have taught him are the word of wisdom and the values of families. I totally see that kid going on a mission someday. He is so ready and he LOVES the gospel! It makes me so happy to see that. I love that people actually want to know the truth and they are searching for it. It is so great to see.!
So last week there was an accident at our service project. A glass table broke and all these crystal plates and whatnot fell and shattered to the floor. Yep, all broken my friends. Bad thing about it is that they were furious. Well, needless to say we might now go back very soon to their house.
Oh, guess what? There is a guy in our ward that is a security guard for the President or something like that and he arranged for us to have a tour of the White House on the 22nd!!!! Cool huh? And he will go through with us so he can take pictures. I'm kind of super excited about that!
So I saw an awesome mormon message on lds.org this week and you should all check it out if you haven't seen it. It is lds.org-> go to mormon messages at the bottom of the page-> click on page 3 I think and it is called "lessons I learned as a boy". Watch it for family home evening. I want all the kids to watch it cause it is super good and I think they will love it. Also, there is a talk that you can type in the "search" bar called "Sage's Song".
I love this gospel more and more every day. I love my Savior so much. He loves all of us and did so much for us. I love that we have the fulness of the gospel. It is such a blessing to know this. I love the Book of Mormon. I love that it applies to us, now! An intersting thing I learned this week was about the Tree of Life. It talks about the people holding to the rod of iron and THEN a mist of darkness arose. The mist came after they were holding to the rod. Some people fell away because of this. And a "mist" is very slight. You can barely feel it and yet it blocks your view. This just shows how satan works. We need to remember to always hold to the rod. Keep doing the small things like praying, reading and studying the scriptures, and going to church. These things will keep you on the path even though they seem small and simple.
Sorry this letter is long. I must go now. One last shout out to my twin sister...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DOBBIE!!! WE ARE 29!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!
Love all of you so much!
Sister Lewis
On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Ann Lewis <annhlewis@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you there? Mom
On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Janell Lewis <janell.lewis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stop laughing!!! I just died laughing pretty sure. Oh my gosh....make sure that is the first video I watch when I get home. Oh my gosh!
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Ann Lewis <annhlewis@gmail.com> wrote:
Everyone needs a chuckle-
Last night I went to see Mandy cheer at her football game. She did a great job and half time was approaching. The band was waiting down at the end zone to come on to do their routine. Mandy went running down the field only to find out that the cheer group was going to do their cheer first. So she ran down the middle of the field to the cheer group to get in position for the routine.
After the routine was over she proceeded to run down the middle of the field toward the band. A lady met her half way with a shirt to match the band members uniform. She dressed while running down. She then started looking for her clarinet . The lady had not retrieved it for her. She proceeded to ask everyone she could see to find it. The band proceeded to come down the field to start their routine. Mandy was still searching asking everyone she could to find her instrument. She finally found a man which pointed up toward the stands where the band had been sitting. By this time the whole band was in position to start. Mandy saw that there wasn't time to go retrieve the instrument so she ran into her position to start the program. Diane was busy videoing the process. Mandy took her place on the field right in the center front. She was dressed with the shirt but .... her white legs stood out. The other band members had black pants on. She held her hands up to her mouth with her fists tight to represent that she had her instrument up to her lips. The music started and she marched all over the field in perfect step, white legs, no instrument but marching perfectly. Diane all of a sudden starting singing, "one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong." I started cracking up. Mandy did a great job, finished her routine, ran off the field throwing her shirt to one of the ladies and ran back to lead the cheering again. IT WAS A CLASSIC! America's Funniest home videos here we come! I am dying to see the video. Thought you might like the story. Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment