Thursday, August 25, 2011

Miracles

BTW, Janell's birthday is September 13th if you wish to mail her your special conversion, testimony, or special spiritual story (see her request below).  Currently her address is 'Sister Lewis, Washington DC North Mission, 11700 Falls Road, Potomac, MD 20854-2823'.  Also, thanks to many of you who have responded that you enjoy receiving these messages.  Having a child, grandchild, or child of a friend on a mission is a wonderful blessing that provides constant miracles, joy, and tender mercies.  Thanks for being part of that with us. - Val

Wow, there is so much to say. First off I am so glad to hear about my Dobie. She is one tuff cookie I'll tell you that! I hope the pain goes away soon.

I actually had a lot happen this week. This has been a miracle week in so many ways. I had some tuff days but they were overshadowed by some great experiences. I have to first say to Mike and Wendy, thank you so much for your conversion stories. You have no idea how much that meant to me and how perfect the timing was for those. My testimony was strengthened as I read them and the Spirit was so strong when i was reading them. They strengthened me and will help me be a better missionary for my Heavenly Father to His children. He is so aware of us. He answers our prayers. Thank you so much for those. I would love to have all my family, if you can, please send me your own conversion stories. I know that there are stories that are private so you don't have to send me those if you don't want, but I would love to hear them. Mike, one of your stories about your mission helped in a way you don't even know. I was feeling a similar feeling as you were so reading it was a blessing and perfect for me at that moment. Wendy, your story was so great. I think so many people can benefit from your story. If you don't mind I would love to use some of your story in teaching. It also goes to show that member missionary work is the best way to do missionary work. I also love how Heavenly Father prepared you. I see people all around me being prepared and even some that are now prepared. Love it. Either your own personal conversion story or your testimony...or both which they kind of go hand in hand. Mom has my address so you can send it to me. A printed copy would be best since i can't print from this computer. I think it would benefit all of you too because it will be good to write down your own thoughts about the gospel and what it means to you. Ooo...that could be my birthday gift from all of you if you so wish to give me anything! I also would love to get those from everybody else who reads my letters and so wishes to send theirs too!

This past week there was indeed an earthquake. I was on the American University campus talking about a religion class that will be offered on campus (since we are not allowed to proselyte on campus). I was sitting on a bench and suddenly I thought my companion had come up and shook my bench. I looked up and the whole ground was shaking and the people sitting on the grass were so worried and everyone was shaking. It was kind of awesome! I thought it was pretty cool. It was funny cause people had to evacuate the buildings so there were more people outside to talk to:) And it was easy to talk to people because the earthquake made for a good convo starter..hahaha. I love it! But the true miracle of the day was when we were setting up our table at the beginning this kid comes to our table and asks if we were Mormons. We said yes of course and then he said that he wanted to become a mormon. We all just were in shock for a second. We found out that he is a freshman and he is from Folsom, CA. His parents are baptist but his grandfather was a mormon. It caused a division in his family but he always wanted to know more about us. Well, we can sure help him with that! We are going to see him tomorrow. He is such a nice kid. He is 18...so in a year maybe he will go on a mission...:) That was a miracle to me because I keep seeing people who want to hear about the gospel but they are not dedicated at all. They get baptized but then stop coming to church or stop reading and so on. I wanted to see a person who actually "hungered and thirsted" for the gospel. I read about them in the Book of Mormon but wondered if there was any such person. And then I met Karl. I'll let you know how it goes.

Another miracle I saw was the other day I was at the Visitor Center and this family came in. A mom and grandma and 4 little girls. The mom came up to me and whispered that her mom was asking gospel questions for the first time ever so she wanted to see a good movie. Well, we have those. Before I took them into the movie I offered the little girls a sticker that I had. I told them that it said, "I am a Child of God" on it. The little girl got a huge smile on her face and said, "I know that song! I'll sing it!" She then proceeded to sing the song and my heart melt. I then started to sing it with her. I almost started crying because she was so sweet. After that the grandma asked if SHE could have a sticker. I thought that was a little miracle. I didn't see them after the movie but I know that the grandma felt the Spirit while she was there. That same day there was another lady that came in the VC named Harriett who was my little miracle. She only came in for a minute but she wanted to stay longer. Her daughter was out in the car because she didn't feel well so she just wanted to come in for a minute. She had never been there before but she wanted to take all the pamphlets and pictures we had at the front desk. I asked her if she wanted to listen to the Christus and she started crying. She agreed and then after it I just hugged her. She said that she was definitely coming back. I hope to see her again. She was an angel with the purest heart ever.

Well I think i talked a lot. I hope to hear how you are all doing. I love this gospel. It truly blesses lives and it is the best to see that. It truly does bring so much joy as the scriptues say. I love you all so much! Keep me posted!

Love,

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment