Thursday, August 11, 2011

Current News from Sister Lewis

Clarifications:  Brian is her older brother who was a Bishop here in Elk Grove. A counselor was Steve Short.  Well, they both live in Utah now, and Steve was just called to be Bishop and Brian is now his counselor. 
Dobie & Dobes is her nick-names for Jodee. (Surgery to remove her gall bladder is next Thursday).  I'm pappy. 
Our 50th wedding anniversary is next year in June and her mom was asking her if she wants us to wait until she returns to celebrate. - Val

Of course Brian is in the bishopric again with someone he served with before as a bishop. That is awesome. I love mom that you will be a teacher! The conference talks are the best! You will rock it I know. I think that is awesome about fastball dad. You will have to let me know how it turns out! You know I love hearing about fastball! Also, if you have a lot of quotes and stuff to send me I would LOVE if you will mail them to me. That way I can have a paper copy of them so I will be able to look at them often.

So I am nervous for my dobie but I will for sure put her name in the temple. I will pray like crazy for her. I want her pain to go away so I hope that it will. Good luck my twin sister! You just wear your shirt that says, "I not tare. I one tuff cookie!" That will help:) Pray a lot too Dobes! Heavenly Father will help you the most. Ok? It will be ok!

Dad, I read a really good talk that you have for sure probably read before but I recommend it. I recommend it for everyone to read. It was a talk given by Ezra Taft Benson called, "The Keystone of our Religion". If you go to lds.org you can type it in the search box and it will come up. It is awesome. I think sometimes we foret how important the Book of Mormon really is and why we have it. I know when I talk to investigators they often ask why we have another "bible". This talk clears that up. There are also many scriptures that clear that up as well of course...which are in the bible and the Book of Mormon. Anyway, it is really good.

So another week has gone by. Wow. Sunday was such a great day. Sacrament meeting was sooo good. I did a lot of thinking. I was talking to one of the senior sisters the other day and we were talking about the importance of Sacrament meeting and how it relates to our personal revelation. Interesting to note that a lot of the general authorities talk about that as well. When we partake of the sacrament we are renewing our covenants we made at baptism and "becoming clean" again virtually. By so doing, we then have the opportunity to be more able to receive our personal revelation. Also interesting note, when Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdrey had that amazing experience in the Kirtland temple when Christ appeared to them and all those prophets, before all that happened, they partook of the sacrament. So, just another importance of going to church and partaking of the Sacrament is so that we can receive revelation. Church is awesome! Gospel is so true! There are many things to learn but I love the little insights that I get here and there. I have been talking to Elder Pack (he is a senior couple missionary here and a former member of the seventy) at the VC and I love to ask questions and then we discuss them. It makes me miss my pappy and how I would always call when I had questions or ideas I wanted to discuss. I'm glad there is someone here to go to...but I still miss my pappy:)

Just another note of my week, we have a night once a week called, "The Night of Music and Inspiration". A sister missionary is in charge of it and it is held at the VC. It is just an hour of music and little talks. I was asked to sing. So, I sang a duet with another sister. I was so nervous but I did it. The spirit still works even though my voice may not be the best. There were a LOT of people there. There was an investigator that came from the ward I'm serving in just because he wanted to come hear me sing. I'm glad he came because it was a very good, spiritual night and that is what it is all about.

Mom, as far as the 50th wedding anniversary, I would be fine if you waited till December. Whatever you two want to do. This is your big year! I love you both and how you are such great examples to me. What a true blessing you are in my life. I thank my Father in Heaven every day that He sent me to you two.

I'd better go. I love and miss you all so much! Tell Mike to find a way to come visit if he is working out here. I will give him a tour at the Visitor Center! Mom, I did get my pills...thank you! I think me and sister Otieno are going to go to the zoo today. Random I know but you know I like random! I love the zoo! ha. Keep me updated with everything! Love you all!

Love,

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment