Background: Here is the link Janell refers to in her message below: http://embedr.com/playlist/between-heaven-and-earth-lds-mormon-temples
– Val
Family,
This week has been a very good week. Couple of
days ago we had a great lesson with John and Audrey. He said that earlier that
day that he talked to the bishop (because they are good friends) and they had a
long conversation. The bishop asked when he is going to get baptized and he
told him October 20th! We were so thrilled to hear that! We had prayed about
how to ask him about a baptism date because we knew we didn't want to push it
because he had to make that decision on his own. We didn't have to ask him
about it he just told us! I love when people are truly prepared. It is so
awesome. So, John is getting baptized on the 20th and has asked that Sister
Miller and I say the opening and closing prayers. He has already picked most of
the people to be involved in the program. I am so blessed to be a part of all
of this. Sisters have been in and out of this area wondering when he would meet
with missionaries. I have been blessed. He is so wonderful. The Spirit is so
wonderful. I love how it works. The gospel just makes sense. You see the light
clicked in people when all the pieces of their life puzzles start coming
together. The answers to their questions for so long are being answered and it
feels so good. We get so excited to see them every week. We get to see them
tonight and we will be watching the documentary,
Between Heaven and Earth. I love that documentary. If you haven't seen it, go
to you tube and type it in. You can watch it.
Also this past week we were able to meet with
this cute 14 year old girl named Jessica. She grew up in a Jewish family but
they don't practice. She wants to believe in something and having an atheist
view right now doesn't feel right to her. We taught her about the restoration
and she said that she would love to come to church. I feel that the younger
kids have a special spirit about them. A lot of pioneers of their families of
finding the truth. I told her that she was like Joseph Smith who wanted to know
some answers and that by praying she would find those answers. She prayed with
us and it was a perfect prayer. She is amazing and I'm excited to teach her
more.
I apologize if this whole email is non-sensical.
I have a sinus infection I think. I have been getting sick and I feel terrible
right now. It was hard to sleep last night because I couldn't breathe. I hope
to get medicine for it soon. Mom, I think I am a talker as well so when we see
each other it should be pretty funny. I have thought a lot about home this
week. I had a terrible dream a couple of nights ago about being caught in a
tornado and for some reason I was in a less active's home but I didn't want to
stay there. I knew we wouldn't be safe. I was close to our home in the dream. I
got everyone to get in a car to drive to your house. I knew we would be safe
there. It was an interesting dream because I have had some "tornados"
as of lately and it is interesting because my first reaction was I wanted to be
home. Home is safe and is love. I was longing for that. Don't get me wrong, I
love it here a lot, but just with some recent drama out of my control I wished
to be with people that I love. Ha. All is well now. The most important thing is
that I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and my Savior loves me. The
Atonement is real. I love and am so blessed to know that. I was able to talk to
a recent convert yesterday at the VC that I gave a tour to before he was
baptized. His name is Phil. It is so fun to talk to him because his life has
changed so much and he is so happy. It is such a testimony builder to me.The
Atonement works for everybody if they allow it. The Savior loves all of us so
much. This work is true. I love all of you so much. I miss you a lot. Be safe
and be happy. Jesus Christ loves you...always remember that.
Love,
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment