Friday, October 5, 2012


Background:  Janell is still battling an illness. Please help pray for her recovery.  Thanks....Val

I don't have much time today so I will have to remember to write a longer letter next week. 

Last week was an interesting week. I was sick most of the week and I continue this week. I was at home all day Saturday while my companion went to a mosque with another missionary. I wanted to go so badly but I felt awful. It made me realize how much I actually love being a missionary. I think my body is dying down. I hope not, because I still have lots of time left. I got to go to the RS broadcast though on Saturday and it was so good. I got to see my old ward I served in and got to see Michelle. She is so awesome and we have an appointment for you all to meet her when you come. She is one of my favorites! Sunday night we were at the VC for a musical performance. I got to see Perla which I always love so much:) She is so great!   A couple of days ago we got to do some service at a member's home and at the end of the visit we watched her kill and skin her rabbits. Ha, I have never seen that before. It was interesting. To top it off she cooked it that night and gave it to us. We still have yet to eat it.


Today we went to M Street with the Hardy's (they are one of the senior couples here). They are so wonderful. We shopped around and then they took us out for lunch. After, we went to the Capitol and received a tour. It was beautiful. It was so cool to be there. I love the history sites here. The Spirit is strong in those buildings. I got a little emotional looking at everything. Heavenly Father is the best.

Well, I do have to go. I don't feel very well right now and I'm about out of time. I love you all so much. I really miss you a lot. The road trip right after I get home I'm sure will be great....I just hope my body doesn't crash on me:) Old age...it's the pits! Love you all a lot! Tell Casey that I'm going to kiss the baby's face right off when I see her!!!!

-Sister Lewis





No comments:

Post a Comment