Friday, June 1, 2012


Background:  Danny is a teenage member with autism that just loves Janell.  His dad brings him to the VC at least once a month because she has been so good for him.  -  Val

  
It has been an interesting week to say the least but it has been good. Monday, all of our appointments fell through. That was a bummer. We knocked on a lady's door and she invited us in. She was an Indian lady. She immediately started talking like crazy and started to make us food. I don't think she stopped talking. I didn't really know what to do. She was so nice and started cooking like everything in her house. She showed us everything that she had and told us how much everything cost. She then started talking about her nephew that lives in India and how he calls her all the time to find him a wife so he can move to the United States. She then gave us the invitation to go with her to India to marry her nephew. She advertised him for about 45 min. I tried to change the subject I don't know how many times but it always seemed to go back to her nephew and how it would only take a couple of weeks to meet and be married. My Taiwan companion was confused to say the least. I just had to laugh. The food was spicy but not too bad. There were a couple things that were terrible. Namely, the Indian potpourri that she fed us at the end of the meal. She said that it would make our breath smell good. It tasted like old woman perfume and looked like bird seed potpourri.  So gross! She was a really nice lady but I don't think she had any idea of who we were even though we tried to tell her. Funny times on the mission.

On Sunday I got to see Danny and his dad at the VC. They are so nice. He again offered to show us around if you plan on picking me up. I also met a girl who served at the VC when Sister Hogge served. She was there with her finance (they actually got engaged that same day). She was really nice. Come to find out she was my TA at BYU in one of my classes. Small world.

Well, I hope all is well. I love you all so much. This work is wonderful even though it can be hard at times. Know that Heavenly Father loves you and He is always there.

LOVE YOU!

Sister Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment