Monday, February 6, 2012

Background:  Janell is laughing about a trip we took with Jodee to Las Vegas a week ago.  We had some funny mishaps with her new scooter as she drove around, especially in elevators.  Val 
HAHAHA! Ok. So I DIED laughing about your experiences in Las Vegas! Oh man, I so wish I would have been there for some of those. I was reading them and laughing out loud! My companion was asking what was so funny...oh good times. Just wish it would have been video taped.

Oh I was so happy to hear from you all and to know that you all had such a good time! I can't wait to get back and Dobes can take me around LV. That show sounds like it would be fun to go to:)

I love hearing that I have the smartest sister in the world! 100% on everything. Nice! I'll want updates on everything about that. I loved the pictures of her house. It looks like it is coming along. Tell her that I miss her and I say hello! Someday I want to be as smart as her!:)

Well I got the email about the 50th anniversary but I couldn't read it all because my computer was so slow last week. I think I read that I was on a committee? Is that right? Well...of course I have some ideas as far as the entertainment is concerned. I think a brass band would be fun to have playing some oldies that you two like. I think there should be a little dance at the end to close up the night that you two get to slow dance to a trumpet and strings playing a song like "The Way You Look Tonight" or something awesome like that. You'd like that I think. If I were there I would have people sing and tell stories about you two. Please make sure that you video tape all of it. Preferably have two cameras recording the night, one filming the entertainment and the other videoing you two watching it. I want to see it all when I get home. I can't lie that I cried when I thought about missing this event. Last week was a little hard but all is well now. You two are the most important people to me on this earth. I'm so grateful that you chose me to be in your family. I am so grateful for your examples to me. It has helped me so much here on the mission.

We just met with a lady this morning that has been in contact with one of the sisters from the VC. She and her family came into the VC during Christmas and come to find out that she is a member but doesn't remember anything about the church. Her and her husband are looking for a church to attend because they want something for their kids. She is such a wonderful person and I can tell the Spirit was there today when talking to her. It is so amazing to see how the Spirit works and testifies to people. What an amazing gift we have. What an amazing knowledge to know that we have a Father in Heaven that loves us and is so aware of us. He is always there. He has a plan for us. He gave us families to be with forever. There is so much hope and happiness we can find because of our Savior Jesus Christ. I love this gospel and I love how it changes lives for the better.

I have to check about the video camera idea. My mission President said that I could record my testimony and send it. I know that Diane wanted that a while ago and I am so sorry that it has taken so long. It just has never happened but I can do it now. I don't know if she needs it anymore though but I'll send it anyway. I think I will do that and send the camera back to you. Please take more video and send it back to me. It was such an awesome present to see everybody, even though you two didn't say anything on it:) I will also send some pictures that I printed out for you.

Oh, one more thing. Mom, there is a CD in my car of songs that Rob Moffat wrote. It is a Christmas CD. There is a song on it that I want to show a lady we teach. I told her that I would try to get the CD so she could hear the song.

The work here is good. We met a lady from the Philippines this week and we hope that she is coming to church on Sunday. She is so ready for the gospel. She is such an amazing person. Her name is Evelyn.  I'll let you know how that turns out.

I love you all so much. Keep me updated with everything!

Love,

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment