Tuesday, November 1, 2011

More News

Background:  You are receiving this email late because we just returned from AZ (as Janell mentioned).  I was there playing baseball (been doing that each year since 1988.  Janell was 6 years old when it started and has attended over a dozen times, and loved those trips).  - Val


You must all be in AZ right now! So jealous! I bet the weather is wonderful there. Although, it is pretty awesome here in the fall I will say:) The weather was so perfect this morning. It was a Zone Activity day so we went to the mall (Smithsonian). It was SO cool! We went to the aerospace museum, the dinosaur one and then one more...I don't remember the names. Whoops:) It was fun to see all of those places. The team I was with in our little "amazing race" game took all the pictures because my camera started dying. I was so sad about that. After the activity me and Sister Gordon stayed and walked to the Lincoln memorial. It was so awesome. She took pictures with her camera so I will print those out and send them to you later. It was fun to see it all. I am kinda sad cause the reflection pool by the Washington monument is under construction so there was no water. Bummer. But all in all it was pretty awesome. I think we will try to go back to the city soon to see more.

This past week has been super good. It has been crazy busy. It feels like we are always rushed for time and I love that. I like being busy and having people to see and talk to. Let's see, last Sunday we had a baptism...we had nothing to do with it but it was such a wonderful baptism. She was ready to be baptized. It was such a spiritual meeting. Last Saturday there was a spanish night at the Visitor Center that we went to. There were performances from different countries and that was a lot of fun. I didn't understand anything they were saying but it was still fun to see dancing!

Last week I thought of Mindy cause a family from Russian came into the VC. I just talked to them for about 20 min and it was so cool! Their son is getting ready to go on a mission. I think the dad hinted that his son should write me and get my email but I pretended that he didn't ask for it. That is just so awkward. But, they were super nice and awesome and it made me want to be in Russia. The wife, as she was leaving, just hugged me and said that I touched her heart. I just melted. I bet those people in Russia are LOVING Sister Browning! They are so wonderful and nice. Maybe someday we will have to go there Cepta Browning!

Well, as you all may know I am loving this work. I don't want to change wards. I would be content to just stay where I am for the rest of my mission. On Sunday there was a girl who came to church with a friend of hers and when I talked with her she said that she wanted to meet with us to learn more. I love those moments! She said that she doesn't know much about the church. She was raised with Atheist parents so I'm excited to meet with her. She seems so awesome. She met the friend who brought her to church on the metro. I love member missionaries! They are the key to this missionary work!

I have to give a shout out to a couple of people. TAMERA! You had twin girls!!! That is soooo wonderful! I love being a twin and I love that you have twins! I got the letter that Sheldon wrote and the pictures from your boys....oh man they are so cute! I love you all! I will want to see pics of the cute new ones!

Also, a shout out to Financial Services! I got the Halloween package and it was SOOO awesome! I miss you all so much! It was so fun to get the wedding announcements of the married ones...I am SO excited and happy for both of you guys! My Trava is married and Govn'a! Oh, the joy you all bring to me. Keep me posted on everything. Sounds like it's been busy around there. Ashley, thank you SO much for my favorite candy!!! You remembered! OH and by the way my nephew got called to your mission! I love missions!

Well I'd better go. It has been a long day today but such a good one. I love and miss you all so much. I hope to get a letter from your mom and dad ;) I hope you are all having a blast in AZ and I want to know all about it. Love you!

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment