HELLO! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
It is getting busy around here with the Festival of Lights that starts next week at the VC. It should be a good time. Next Wed night will be the night that the ambassadors from all over come and then the night after is the diplomat night. I think my feet are going to kill by the end of the month but I'm sure it will be a good time. I love Christmas!
Today we went and did service for the Salvation Army. They serve thanksgiving meals to the homeless every year. We got to help out with the food. They feed about 5000 people a day. It was super fun. I got a little burnt but all was well. After we got to have some food and I got to take a picture with a heavy weight boxer that was there. I don't know his name but it was fun. He looked like some professional sports player and I found out that he is boxing at the Convention Center in DC on Dec 10th. Maybe you can look it up to know who it was. I will try to print out the picture so I can send it home. Oh and next week I will seeing a general authority. Maybe I will just have a couple of photos with famous people to send home:)
Let see, a lot has happened in a week and I'm sure a lot more will happen in the next month. Thanksgiving is tomorrow and we are invited to the Bishop's house to eat. We will have a couple of our investigators there as well. Tonight we are eating with the Bishop and then we have an appt with our investigator who is also going to feed us. Oh the eating. I will take it easy though.
I love my new companion. Sister Joost is her name. She is so fun. We are kind of alike and we both are kind of laid back so it works out well. I'm kind of hoping that we stay at least a couple of transfers together.
I love you all so much! I love the work that I get to do. Heavenly Father is so aware of us and all of His children. Promise me that you all will always turn to Him. There is no better way. I can promise anyone that.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Sister Lewis
It is getting busy around here with the Festival of Lights that starts next week at the VC. It should be a good time. Next Wed night will be the night that the ambassadors from all over come and then the night after is the diplomat night. I think my feet are going to kill by the end of the month but I'm sure it will be a good time. I love Christmas!
Today we went and did service for the Salvation Army. They serve thanksgiving meals to the homeless every year. We got to help out with the food. They feed about 5000 people a day. It was super fun. I got a little burnt but all was well. After we got to have some food and I got to take a picture with a heavy weight boxer that was there. I don't know his name but it was fun. He looked like some professional sports player and I found out that he is boxing at the Convention Center in DC on Dec 10th. Maybe you can look it up to know who it was. I will try to print out the picture so I can send it home. Oh and next week I will seeing a general authority. Maybe I will just have a couple of photos with famous people to send home:)
Let see, a lot has happened in a week and I'm sure a lot more will happen in the next month. Thanksgiving is tomorrow and we are invited to the Bishop's house to eat. We will have a couple of our investigators there as well. Tonight we are eating with the Bishop and then we have an appt with our investigator who is also going to feed us. Oh the eating. I will take it easy though.
I love my new companion. Sister Joost is her name. She is so fun. We are kind of alike and we both are kind of laid back so it works out well. I'm kind of hoping that we stay at least a couple of transfers together.
I love you all so much! I love the work that I get to do. Heavenly Father is so aware of us and all of His children. Promise me that you all will always turn to Him. There is no better way. I can promise anyone that.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment