Thursday, October 6, 2011

More News

Background:  Trent is our grandson...Craig and Denise's second son.  If any of you want to email your "Why I Believe" story to me, I will copy and send them to Janell, or you can mail them to her at: Sister Janell Lewis, Washington DC North Mission, 11700 Falls Road, Potomac, MD 20854-2823.   -Val
 


Wow! There is so much going on...but I LOVE it!!! Ok, first things first. I just screamed when I heard Trent's mission call. MARYLAND BABY!! AND that mission is right next to mine so often Elders from that mission come bring investigators to the VC so that means...TRENT I'LL SEE YOU IN MARYLAND!!! (Just bring your investigators to the VC and I will give you all a tour! It will be awesome to see peoples faces once I tell them that I'm your aunt. Just don't tell your mission president cause he might not let you come:) jk) I had a friend that I worked with that had the exact mission. There are some major ghetto parts so be careful and become friends with all the gang members:) You will love it i know!

So awesome that Lynda is learning violin. I love the violin. I wish I had more of those musical abilities. That will be so fun for her. To answer some of your questions, I was just asked to participate in the Christmas program that the Sisters do in December for a couple of the nights. I don't know what yet but I will let you know. But I DO get to be at the VC every night in December because thousands of people come through and all the Sister missionaries have to be working all those nights. Apparently there are a lot of miracles that take place during that time so I will do my best to keep you posted. I don't know if I can watch all of the performances because there are a lot of different posts to cover but I may be able to see some. I am trying to work it with one of the senior couple Elders to help me learn the sound system in the main theatre so that I can be there for everything! You know how I love the theatre! Also there is a fireside most Sunday nights at the VC. The "Why I Believe" fireside is once a month. Which brings me to my first request: I would love to get as many of you as possible to send me "why YOU believe". I love to hear these. You can just write me and tell me why you believe or how you know the gospel to be true. This would be wonderful if you could do that. Thanks!

SO yes I LOVED conference too! I found that most everybody answered a question that I had or talked about something that I have been thinking about lately. It was so wonderful. We also had a couple of investigators watch it too and they loved it. How can you not really? It seemed to go by too fast. I wanted more. Funny how things change from when I was young. Conference always seemed long and I would love to sleep during it or do something else while listening. It is now my favorite time of year and all I want to do is listen and write down notes and thoughts. It goes by too fast now. Ha, I really do love that we have a prophet today. We are so blessed! I noticed that all of them talked about the importance of reading the Book of Mormon. Wow, I really do love the Book of Mormon too. And of course the church is awesome because they just had the Ensign come out that talks ALL about the Book of Mormon. I LOVE this issue of the Ensign. If you haven't read it, read it. It is soooo good! My companion laughed at me and said, "wow, you sure do love that Ensign". I think it is especially because of the subject of what is inside. There truly power in that Book. They always talk about the power of the Book of Mormon but it is true. I have come to realize more and more the power in it's pages. It invites the Spirit to be with us when we read. It seems like such a simple thing but...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. This is TRUE! Reading and prayer are ESSENTIAL! If we are having a hard time in life, the scriptures are one of the best remedies. I tell you what, I know this to be true. I sure do love this gospel with all my heart. I am learning more and more everyday. I love the prophet. We heard some wise counsel in conference from him. I loved when someone quoted him when he told him, "Remember, it's better to look up". I think there is so much importance in that. To look up instead of down. To turn to our Savior in times of need. He is there for us. The Book of Mormon testifies of him. We have SO many witnesses and evidences of the truthfulness of the gospel. There are thousands of evidences in the scriptures alone. People can read for themselves to know of the truth. Give em a Book of Mormon.

Well I just get really excited after I study so there you go. Ha! By the way funny thing happened the other day in the VC. I saw a friend of mine that was in a show with me a year ago. His name is Jared. Rene and Dave know him. He was just in the area and wanted to stop by. He had no idea that I was there on a mission. It was fun to see him.

By the way mom, my p-day will be on wednesdays for the rest of this transfer (6 weeks). I LOVE the chocolate you sent. Thank you for sending the skirts. I haven't gotten them yet but I should see them soon. I am getting cold because I have NO winter clothes at all. Sending maybe my black jacket would be nice and maybe I will go buy a winter coat. I don't know if I have a good winter jacket at home. Email me if you find one. So, I might have to buy some winter things if you don't mind. I also have to get my hair done today just to let you know. I miss you all so much. I LOVED the pic of Dobbie. I loved the cupcake face thing. I love hearing about Mindy. I get her letters but don't have much time to read all of them. She looks so good. I wish I could be serving with her. This work is so great! We had some people from Russia come into the VC the other night. We played the Christus in Russian for them. Wish Min were here to proclaim the gospel to them:) I will keep you all in my prayers. Have fun in AZ and take pictures! I love you all so much!!!!

Oh ya i forgot to talk about my companion. Her name is Sister Gordon and she is from Logan, UT. She is such a cute and loving girl. She is a joy to be around and I think this transfer is going to be so great! I wish I could tell you more but I have to run. See you!

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment