Background: "Trenton" is our grandson who was just called to serve in the Maryland, Baltimore Mission (adjacent to Washington DC North Mission); "Grow" is like a family member from our ward who is returning from his mission next week (Philippines). I've attached some of the photos for her blog: #131 - (Top) Sister Otieno, Claudia, Javier (recent convert), Sister L; (Middle) Sister Chan (Hong Kong), Sister O, Sister L, Sister Joost (P-Day); (Bottom) Sister L and Jenny Jarimillo (from Colombia); #132 - (Top) Sister L (thinking of Halloween?); (Bottom) Perla and Sister L (birthday picnic); #133 - (Top) Sister O, Karl (1st baptism), Sister L (after DC Temple VC fireside); (Middle) Sister O, Karl, Sister L (at Karl's baptism); Sister O & L. Address: Washington DC North Mission, 11700 Falls Road, Potomac, MD 20854-2823 - Val
HELLO! I can't believe that it is Wednesday again. It has gone by super fast! Sounds like you all have been busy as normal which is fun to hear about. Is Trenton so excited that he'll be so close to his wonderful aunt?? haha:)
I think my package is at the VC but I will get it tomorrow. Thank you for sending it. I will let you know if I need you to send any of the other ones. I'm thinking the grey one and my scarfs would be great. If you want to put in some gloves as well...I wouldn't complain:) YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
That is so funny that Grow gets home so soon...or is home now. Tell him I say hello. I'm glad that you got the pics I sent. I have to be better about writing in my journal because you are right, I will forget.
Ok so last Saturday at the VC the young women from a stake nearby came and did something called "mini mission day" or something like that. They got to hang out with us for half of the day and experience being a missionary. It was so fun to have them! I got a girl named Sister Bearman who is 15. She is the cutest thing. She was nervous to talk to people at the beginning of the day but by the end she was ready to go off and talk to people by herself. I did get a pic with her which I will send at some point. She gave me a big hug before she left. She will be a great missionary someday. In my area we are teaching a girl named Andrea. She is so great. She wants to read all of the Book of Mormon before she commits to anything so after praying about it I suggested that we read with her 5 chapters per/day. That means that we will finish the Book November 3rd. I am so loving this challenge. It has been so great. The more and more that I am reading the more I am getting how much Heavenly Father and our Savior love all of us. They love us sooooo much! I really do love the Book of Mormon. I wish that more people would just read it.
So dad sent me an email asking what stake my companion is from in Logan. I know that it is not his because she lives outside of Logan and it's not Paradise. I am with another companion today so I will ask her when I see her today.
So I will be performing in the Christmas program at the VC. I don't know the song yet still but pretty much they are planning on singing Galena fireside type songs. I have these flashbacks and I laugh to myself. Sometimes a dance pops into my head as well:) It should be good. I was also asked to sing a solo for a "Night of Music and Inspiration". I don't feel super confident doing that but whatever I guess. They will reap the consequences of that choice...hahaha!
Well I'd better get going. The Elders want to use the computers now. Silly Elders.
I love you all so much! Keep me updated with everything!
Love,
Sister Lewis



No comments:
Post a Comment