Thursday, July 7, 2011

Janell is now in Washington DC!

Janell is now in Washington DC!  (By the way, we did not call the President at 2:00am...see below) - Val (Dad)



Hello Hello! I don't have much time to email. i found out yesterday that I only have a half hour still for emails. I was a little bummed. But oh well. All is well.

I got in yesterday and we went straight to the temple VC. I rode with the President and his wife. They are amazing people! Sister Matsumori was in the General RS presidency a little while back so she is super awesome and so is President. He and her expect a lot out of us since we are the face of the church here in DC. I was feeling a little intimidated and inadequate yesterday to say the least. I can't say that I still don't feel that but I'll figure out how to be better.

When we got to the temple the president had us walk around and find our own "sacred grove". We got to go by ourselves and pray and make that commitment with our Heavenly Father. We get to go back at the end of our missions as well. I thought it was so amazing. That temple is so beautiful! We then went back to the president's house and we had interviews, got trained, ate, played a little ping pong game (I won one of the games:)), and went to bed. I didn't sleep very well at all but oh well I guess. I will find a way at some point to learn how to sleep when I'm able to sleep.

Today we got put with our new companions. I am serving with Sister Otieno from Kenya. Before we were put with them I secretly hoped I was going to be put with her. She is so real and I'm sure I will learn a lot from her. We are going to be serving in the DC 2nd ward which is a singles ward. I guess I will know how to handle that since I've been in one for 11 years. Haha. 

Well I gotta go. Keep writing me letters. I got a letter from you mom today so keep em coming. I don't have a lot of time to read emails so letters are best but you can still email. 

Tell everyone I say hello! It was so fun to talk to you and to see Brian and family! Oh, tell Rene that I went into a bookstore today and I heard her singing! I then took my companion over to the CD rack to show her Rene's face and then I also saw Dave's CD so I showed her that too. OHHH and tell Kenna that I LOVED the cookies and the letters I got from all of them. I will be writing to them soon. I need their address though.

Ok. Now I must go. Mom, did you happen to call my president last night at 2 in the morning? He wouldn't say who it was but I was wondering if it was you cause he looked at me. k, see ya!

Love you, 

Sister Lewis 

No comments:

Post a Comment