For those of you that need help with Janell's acronyms: VC means Visitor Center at the Washington DC Temple. ..Val
Hello my family!
Oh there is so much that is going on at home. That is wonderful! I love all the weddings. By the way, dad's bike is awesome! So random and so awesome...i wish I was there to take a ride.
Things here are busy. I never have time for anything...like studying and learning stuff...ya know. We have a few investigators and I love it. They are all so great. Oh, you wanted to know my VC schedule. Well, we work there 3 times a week right now and only for half of the day and then we go out and teach when we have people to teach or we find them. Lately we have had appointments so that is good. In the morning of each shift we are online chatting with people that come on to mormon.org. We get a lot of trolls/prank chats and that has gotten old for sure. Some of them have the same jokes...you'd think people could be more creative. Anyway, there was someone that I chatted with the other day from London and she came online because she was loosing faith. She just found out that her unborn baby will be severely disabled. I chatted with her about it and she said that she felt a little better and asked if she could meet with someone and get more information....YEP! I love this work. I love that Heavenly Father knows everyone and what they need and when they need it...it is so awesome. I have had other experiences at the VC too. The other day there was a guy that came in and I was the only one standing there to greet him. He asked what our faith was all about. Um, I felt so scared cause I hadn't ever given a tour or anything and no one else was around. I ended up talking to him for like 45 min and just pretty much rambled it felt like. I testified like 20 times because that is all I could think about. I thought I was just word vomitting on him and then he asked if he could come to a church service this Sunday to see what it was all about. Um...yep. Well, he asked the right questions not me. Good thing that the spirit works and testifies of the truth. Wow, have I seen that happen. The Spirit is incredible how it works and speaks spirit to spirit. I have so much to learn but so far it is great! The VC director and his wife are my favorites. Elder and Sister Olsen. They are so great. Elder Olsen makes me laugh so hard. It's nice to laugh once in a while.
I haven't been taking many pictures yet. I will try to remember that. I also haven't had time to write in my journal very much so I will work on that too. Wow, there are lots of things I need to work on...oh dear. It will come. I mainly hope that I will get to know the roads around here...I've gotten lost downtown a couple of times so far...hate downtown.
Thank you for all you do for me. I really do love you both and appreciate everything that you always do for me. I love my family so much. You are all so awesome and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me to you! Keep me updated with everything!
LOVE YOU!
Janell/ Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment