Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One more week left of the MTC!

Well, another week has gone by and I have only one more week left at the MTC! Love it! I have my travel plans for next week. I leave next Monday (yay Dad's birthday!) but the plane actually doesn't depart till 1 am on the 5th. I think I will be able to call you the night of the 4th so hopefully you will be up. I imagine it would be around 10pm your time when i call. I'm not too sure. I heard that when we get in we will be greeted by the President and his wife and then they will take us back to the mission home to sleep. I'm hoping that will be the case. I also heard that at some point they plan on taking us on a little tour of the city and then do a session in the temple. I don't know if that will all happen on the 5th or the 6th but it sounds super fun. Yesterday we had our infield orientation that explained more of what it is going to be like in the field. I got a little nervous because there is so much work to do but I'm SUPER excited!

Let's see. First thing before I forget, mom you need to mail Rene back her DVD of Les Mis. I forgot to take it back to her. Thanks! Also, Rene, oh my gosh the bread you sent was from HEAVEN!!! I shared it with my district. It was gone in .2 sec. I LOVED IT! Oh and all the pictures from you children, LOVED IT!  Oh by the way, I met a kid that knows Caleb. He said that he just graduated from Orem High so I asked him if he knew CALEB TINNEY! Hahaha....and of course he did. Maybe he is from your fan club Caleb:) There is also a kid in my zone that I found out his grandpa works at the Sacramento temple. I asked who his grandpa was and it is Keith Judd! Ha, small world huh? I told him that he was my dentist. So funny.

So remember the time when I was at the MTC when all of the General Authorities were here? And remember when there were no more seats in the auditorium where the special fireside was held but a man from the MTC presidency saw us 2 sisters and got us in. When I walked in I saw Elder Oaks on the stand and this overwhelming feeling came over me. The spirit was so strong. Then when it was about to start Elder Bednar, Elder Nelson, Elder Anderson, Elder Holland, Elder Scott, and Elder Ballard all walked in with their wives (of course not Elder Scott since his wife passes away but all the others). It was SOOOOO awesome. Then they showed on the screen that Elder Bednar would speak! I was so happy because secretly I wanted him to speak and it was him! I felt so blessed! I bawled the entire time like I do because of course he answered all the prayers in my heart. It was amazing. I also love how the apostles talk about their wives. They are truly men of God. Earlier that week I shook Elder Christofferson's hand while I was exiting the cafeteria. That was so awesome too! I guess all of the General Authorities had been there at one point or another in the week but those are the ones I saw. Also, Sunday during dinner, President Brown (the MTC President) sat next to me at dinner and chatted with me the whole time. He just ate a cookie and had some milk and told me that during lunch he had lunch with his wife and all the General Authorities and told me how amazing it was. Um, ya. This has been my MTC experience so far. I also told him how old I was and his first response was a confused look and then he said, "oh, you're pretty". Well thank you president. He is actually probably the nicest man ever...but really....well besides my pappy:)

Oh pappy, I found that scripture that I was talking about before I left. It is in Thes 5:22. I forgot to tell you. I also just read 2 Ne chapter 9 and 10 earlier this morning. WOW! Those are so awesome. This gospel is so much true. I challenge you all to re-read the Book of Mormon and pray again about it. I promise that your testimonies will grow and you will know again that it is true and it is God's word. i also think you should all study Preach My Gospel. it is FILLED with awesomeness! DO IT!

Oh, Sat I get to go to the visitor center and teach or something like that. I go around 5pm. That should be fun.

I hope you are all doing so good. I miss you all so very much! Keep writing and tell me about everything. I have to go because my time is running out. BE MISSIONARIES! This is God's work and he wants all to hear it! Help out the missionaries in your ward. I love my Savior and this gospel is true. I'm so blessed to be born to "goodly parents who love the Lord". Thank you for all you do for me. I love you so much!

Love,

Sister Lewis

PS- I made all my good white clothes blue today so i guess i will have to shop when i get to DC. I'm kind of bummed about it but oh well! I also sent my shoes home with a girl from my ward in hopes that Ashlee could go get them stretched. They hurt my feet:) LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment