Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm Here

Hello to my wonderful family!

So wow. There is so much to write and yet so little time. First of all here is my address at the MTC:

MTC Mailbox #257
DC-NORTH 0705
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84606-1793

You may also use Dear Elder and it is free here at the MTC. I have received all the mail of those who have written me. I LOVE to get letters:) Especially when they make me laugh. I need a good laugh around this place. Also, mom, i would like pictures of us. You can send me the pictures that we took the day I left. I just want some. And to my lady friends, send me some of the pictures we took at carrabbas before I left.

Ok, so the MTC is good. I actually don't mind it. The Elders here are so young but the ones in my district are so cute and nice. They all have wonderful spirits. My companion's name is Sister Welch and she is from Las Vegas. She is a super sweet girl and so i'm very blessed to have her as a companion. She is very patient. So I feel like i'm in rave mode right now because I only have 30 min to type everything. Plus, there are a ton of people just looking at me, waiting to use the computer so I'm feeling the pressure. It is such a different life here. There are some good things and some different things about it. But I love the spirit that is felt here.

Let's see...I have been sick the entire time I have been here. On Saturday my companion almost passed out and so we went to the Insta Care in Provo...the outside world. It was weird since it has seemed like I've been here forever. I have no concept of time here. It all runs together...but really it does. I think it is Lynda's birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNDA! Also happy birthday to Heath 2 days ago...I'm not going to remember everyone especially since my mind is in race mode right now. Anyway, since it was Saturday the MTC's health center was not open so that is why we went to the outside world. I got checked since i thought i had a sinus infection...and i DID! YAY! nope, not really happy about that but it was cool to get outside the enclosed walls here. I love to be free. It is a great feeling. I passed by my work and that was fun. Shout out to all of them! Miss all of them! After the insta care we had to go to Walgreens since i had to get a prescription for my infection. Funny what happens when you have a nametag on. All of sudden people just come up to you and talk to you. It is pretty fun. The lady at the pharmacy asked us where we were serving and we said DC North. She got so excited because that was the mission she served in a year ago. She started tearing up and she just said that it was the best mission in the world. She was sooooo sweet and it made me excited to go to DC. Well, she then told me that I would owe $10 for the medicine but I didn't have my money with me. I told her that I could call my parents or I could go back to the MTC and get my money. She told me that they would figure it out. Well, she ended up paying for my medicine and for something else that I needed and I was so grateful. i told her that I would pay her back but she told me not to because she wanted the blessings. And there was my tender mercy for Saturday, my Jessica angel. I will find a way to pay her back though.

Well, i have to go. There is so much to say. Happy Father's day to my pappy. I love you so much and I think about you everyday. I want to talk to you about the things i'm learning so badly! I'm dying that I can't call you both. Tell dobie hello! Hi my momma! I love and miss you so much. Many times I have wanted to call you to tell you all about everything. I know you would love it here. On Sunday we had releif society with Sister Dibb as the speaker. She talked about her fathter, ya know, Pres. Monson the entire time. It was SO AWESOME!

I love and miss all of you.

Love,

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment