There is so much to say and so little time. I feel like I'm in a race with the clock but the clock always wins. I only get to read these emails on my P-day so if you have letters to write me PLEASE dear elder them to me. i can read those the day that I get them. I only get 30 min on the computer and I only have 18 min left after reading the emails. I LOVE the emails and knowing how everyone is doing so please don't stop! Once i get into the field I will have more time to write I'm sure.
I want to hear from everybody! I love to hear about how everyone is doing. Thank you to all the people who have written. I will write you back i just can't write till my p-day so sorry about the delay.
There is so much to write about. I have learned so much and my testimony just keeps on growing. This is the best work in the whole world! I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK! I love my Savior. This gospel is the best. Last Tuesday night we had a devotional where Sister Wixom spoke. She is the general primary president. We had a tender mercy where we got to sit right in the front row right in front of the pulpit. It was a tender mercy because her talk answered so many prayers of mine and I cried the entire time. i have gone through many tissue boxes here. i should be their spokes person. haha. I write down my tender mercies that I receive every day. I met a senior couple yesterday because we had training on giving tours of the MTC since we get to do that for the new MTC presidents coming in tomorrow (ya that's right, I get to meet all the new MTC presidents and their wives and maybe lots of apostles. Heavenly Father LOVES me!! Another tender mercy:)) Anyway, the couple that i met served as mission presidents in sacramento in 1984-87 and they talked about their son Norm who didn't like the move back then until he joined a group called Galena Street East. Of course he was in that! I loved it! I was talking to them about that and we had a great time. I am going to love the tour part of my mission. Their last names were White. Ask Rene or Brian if they knew a Norm White.
There are so many things I want to tell you. I miss calling and talking about the things of the gospel. This is what I want to talk to you about most. There is soooo much that I am learning and I am loving every second of it. I want people to send me their conversions stories. If I could get Wendy's that would be awesome. But if I could also have you all send me your testimonies...that would be awesome. i love to hear others testimonies. They make me so happy and just strengthen my own. I have been so stretched in just the 2 weeks i have been here. I love this work. I love my Savior. it is only through Him that all things are possible. It is because of Him why we are here. His love for us is beyond our ability to understand or comprehend. All He wants is for us to come unto Him. To be like Him. The more we learn of Him the more our faith and knowledge grows and the better we know who we are. I believe that is why He wants us to trust in Him and turn to Him (Proverbs 3: 5-6 I love this scripture...it is so true). He is everything to me and there is nothing else I would rather be doing right now in my life.
I love you all soooo much! The Savior loves you all more. I know that my mission is to bring others unto Christ and I know that all people need to always come unto Christ. It applies to everyone.
Love you!
Sister Lewis
For those of you who are not familiar with some of the LDS acronyms, let me clarify: P-Day...It's NOT what you think...they are not that strict...it stands for Preparation Day, or a day off from training to take care of letter writing, laundry, etc.
Note: President White was the Mission President of the Sacramento Mission and their son Norm was good friends with some of Janell's older brothers and sisters...small world!
If anyone wants to send her a free letter at the MTC that she will receive the same day, go to the "dear elder" web site. Here's how that works: Google "dear elder provo" scroll down and click on, "Provo MTC (Free) - www.dearelder.com ~ A fantastic way to write..." Fill in the return address portion of the envelope with your information, and then make sure the envelope is addressed to "Sister Janell Lewis", MTC Box # 257, Mission: DC-North 0705, then write your letter and hit send. They will print it out and place it in her mail box.
Val (Janell's Dad)
No comments:
Post a Comment