Thursday, November 8, 2012


Background:  We fly out to pick Janell up in 12 days. – Val

 
Well hello hello! Sounds like you all had so much fun. I am so sad that I missed it. I haven't been to AZ for a while. I hope there are more games in the future so I can attend.

This week has been interesting because of the storm. We weren't allowed to go out at all on Monday. So we cleaned, studied, and I put together a puzzle of the US and quizzed my roommates on the Capitols of the different states. We had a blast. Oh and we listened to Christmas music. It was a good day. The storm wasn't as bad as they had anticipated. Apparently it was really bad in New York and New Jersey. I hope those people are ok. The Visitor Center has been closed the past 4 days because of the renovation. I have been really bummed because I love the VC. I hope we can get back there soon.

In other missionary news...well there is not much. We are just trying to find people to teach. Not too easy to do. Almost all of our investigators now don't have much or any desire anymore. We are ground zero. BUT with faith we WILL find!

Oh last week was our Festival kick off in our VC training meeting and we put on a mini play. It was A Christmas Carol kind of and I directed it. It was fun. It was funny cause we had really no time to practice so it was all over the place. I hope people understood what was going on. Good times.

Well I can't think of much else that has happened since last time I emailed. Things are all running together now.

Oh my gosh I just remembered what happened last week that was the most significant. I swear I'm loosing my mind. Last Saturday we had a special mission conference where Elder Cook came and spoke to us! It was SO good! The Spirit was so strong. He talked about the new missionary age and how there would be so many missionaries now coming out and the importance of the members in the work. After the meeting he shook all of our hands. He was so nice. I started crying because it was the first time that I realized that I would go home soon. I just sat in the theater watching everyone as they were shaking the Apostle's hand and I cried. Sister Lawrence came and sat next to me and I started to cry more. I will miss her the most I think. I sure love her a lot. She is such a beautiful daughter of God. She told me that she has learned so much from me. It was a special moment. I love her.

Well I think that is it. Tell Diane that I want some pictures from her. I want to see the beautiful bride. Also, we staying a full week here after I am done? Is that right? Do you get my plane ticket? Am I supposed to be released here or when I get back home? When do you get in town? I want to know it all.

I love you all so much! Can't wait to tell you all the stories that I have and you can tell me all of yours. I pray for you all. The gospel is SO true! I love you!

Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment