Background: Our daughter-in-law, Denise (Craig’s wife),
father died this past week. The “death interview” means they are leaving the
mission (like when we “die” we go from one location to another location).
The attachment is of Janell and her two good friends that are sisters, Perla
and Tasha Antoniak. – Val
My family,
Sounds like things have been busy as always. Actually I have to
say that it seems more busy than it ever was when I was at home. Please tell
Denise that she is in my prayers as well as her family.
I am very excited to see you all. It has been very good here. Last
night we got to teach a family. It was so great. The children are young men and
young woman age and they want to go to the activities. It will be fun to see
what happens. I love the gospel.
So I have been feeling mixed emotions lately. I am getting sad
thinking that I will leave these people. I didn't know that I would feel like
this. I love this ward. It is hard to imagine that they won't be apart of my
life soon. But I still have time left with them. You will be meeting some very
wonderful people when you are here. I'm excited for you to meet them.
I don't have much to report. The VC is now open again even though
it is still under construction. One of the construction guys hung around after
he was done with work and chatted with us. I believe he is searching for
something in life...love it! His name is Chris. I'm sure that I will talk to
him more before they are all done with construction.
Today Sister Miller and I will be going to the city with the
Hardy's. It will just be us 4. I am so excited. We will be going to the Library
of Congress. I haven't been there yet and since this is my last full p-day we
are going. Next week is the "death" temple trip and then the next
week I will be with you all. Fun times ahead!
Next week is going to be such a busy week. I will be singing on
Tues night. I will sing a duet with Sister Finlay "This is the
Christ". I love that song. I then will have the temple, my death interview
with the mission president, service day in DC for Thanksgiving and my last Why
I Believe program at the VC. It is going to be jammed packed but I am excited.
I have a lot of love right now. I love my Savior so much. This is
the best work. I am so grateful that I had this opportunity. I am speechless. I
love you all so much and I know I could not have gone through life without you
all. You all have taught me so much. I love you more than you can ever know.
Stay safe. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Lewis

No comments:
Post a Comment