Background: We received a wonderful card from the Mission President's wife: "Dear Sister Lewis, Festival of Lights was wonderful and one of the best evenings was when Sister Lewis joined some of the other sisters in presenting the program. It was beautiful and truly inspirational. I've included just one minute's worth of music on the blog if you like to hear her: http://teachallnations5014.blogspot.com Thank you for raising such a caring daughter. She has influenced and blessed many sisters with her outgoing personality. We love her. Warm Regards, Sister Matsumori". (To see photos of the Festival of Lights, go to the blog, and under 'Blog Archives', click on "More Festival of Lights 2011"; to watch the sisters sing, click on "Sisters perform at Festival of Lights") - Val
I love receiving letters of how everyone is doing! This is the highlight of my week.
Well, it's official. I'm a true missionary. I got bit by a dog last week...didn't break the skin but left a couple of bruises. It hurt but I pretended that it didn't happen. We were visiting a lady who never comes to church and we miraculously caught her when she was home. She has 5 dogs that are all pretty roudy but she LOVES them. When we walked in the gate the biggest dog jumped up and bit my arm. It hurt Charlie but I just smiled and kept walking in. My companion was loving playing with the dogs. She is so funny. Good thing that I had my big new coat on (I purchased it with my Macy's card mom just so you know. Worked out perfectly!). I feel like being bit by a dog puts me in some special club or something. Also, we have BED BUGS! Yep. I really am an official missionary. We have had them for the past few weeks now but the little buggers won't go away. We keep on doing laundry. Lot of time has been spent getting rid of the bugs. The AP's came over this morning to spray for them again and this time one of the AP's made signs to hang around the room so the bed bugs would get the idea and leave. He is such a nerd. :) Hopefully that will teach them. They even made some signs in Spanish and Mandarian just in case the bed bugs are Chinese or Latino. They are ridiculous but I guess you have to laugh about it.
Other than that, the work has been slow but good. We haven't been able to teach a new investigator for a really long time. Last night we finally met with a man who was a refferal to us and he wanted to know more. We are meeting with him again tomorrow but we just found out that we probably cannot teach him...so we are back at zero. But, Heavenly Father has His hand in everything so I have hope that we will find the people who are ready to know about the gospel. As for the Blitz that we went on, it was unfruitful for our area but me and Sister Hazen met a girl named Monica who was pretty awesome. We got her information because she said that she wants to learn more but the YSA Sisters will teach her. It was a little miracle for that day because she said that she was having a horrible day and once we talked with her she felt so much better. It is funny how the Spirit can do that. That happened before with another lady we met on the street. I told you about that one. I love how Heavenly Father knows His children so well and know what they need when they need it. It was random that we were at that street at that time. She was having a bad day and we were there to talk to her. So awesome!
Well I am so glad that all of your are doing so well. Keep me updated with everything! I will have to send home some things that you can save so that when I get back I can put everything into a book or something. I will try to be better about taking pictures. I'm really bad at it.
I love you all so much! This gospel is so true and it blesses lives. Thank you for all your love! You mean so much to me!
Love you!
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment