Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More miracles

Background:  Janell met Mary Lewis (below) and I've attached a couple of pages from a family book that my uncle compiled over 30 years ago that has a picture of Mary and her husband, Oren.  My 3rd great grandfather and Oren's great grandfather is Neriah Lewis....and Mary and Oren lived in the Sacramento area for years, and we had never met.  Janell needed to go to Washington DC to meet Mary, and then find out she is also the mother-in-law to Nora Meaker's brother!  Yes, it is a small world! - Val  


It was so fun to talk to you last Sunday! It brought a huge smile to my face. I'm sad that I can't talk to everyone but the video that everyone took and that you sent was my favorite thing ever! I still look at the videos. Diane, I will check on the video thing. Sorry it has been so busy with the festival stuff and training that I haven't gotten to it. I think that is awesome what you are doing though for the young woman. Young woman teachers and leaders are so important. I still remember lessons that I learned at that age that has helped me so much in life. Tell the young woman to listen to their leaders. Be loving and kind to all that you meet. Woman were created with a great capacity to love others and they need to remember that we need to keep this and use this gift that our Heavenly Father has given us. It is amazing how Satan would have us be selfish and only care about what the world thinks of us but that is NOT our potential for the greatness that is divinely in us. We are literally daughters of God. Lately I have seen many woman who are the cause of the filth in this world and are more hard hearted. It really is sad. We as women have such a capacity to do so much good. We have to remember that. Well, I guess if I cannot make the video in time you can use that little unplanned ramble. All true though. It's funny to see couples come into the Visitor Center and when I talk to them it is the men who are softened to listen and the women, who have the influence, ignore the message and say, "no thanks". Sad.

I have seen many miracles since I last talked to you. There was a lady that came into the VC last night that was looking at the temple display. I was able to talk to her about the temple and the restoration of the gospel. She said that she had met with missionaries 15 years ago and didn't remember them saying all that I said. I had her read Moroni's promise in the Book of Mormon. The Spirit was SO strong. After she asked if she could hug me. She then left and later as I was at another "post" I saw her and asked if she had a copy of the Book of Mormon. She said no. I then said that I would like to deliver one to her. She said that she'd like that. I hope that this time, after 15 years, she will feel the love of God from the Book of Mormon and know that it is true. It is amazing what that Book can do. It is true. Testifying is powerful. The Spirit is real.

Also, last night I met a lady named Mary Lewis. She was an older lady and found out she is from Folsom, CA. I told her I was from Elk Grove. Her son in-law whom I also met last night is a brother to Nora Meaker who was in our ward a long time ago...mother of Matt! Anyway, we decided that we were disant cousins (me and Mary). Her husband's name is Oren Lewis. Comes from a man named Neriah Lewis. I have no idea how we are related but we probably are. I though mom, and dad would like this info:)

Well I have to go now. More miracles to happen. Please know that I love and miss you all! This is the best mission in the whole world! I get to meet people from everywhere. I love that Heavenly Father is so aware of all of us, all the time. He loves us SOOOO much. I feel it everyday. Thank you so much for all the prayers in my behalf. I know that is what has gotten me through this work. I pray for all of you all the time. I love you!

Love

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment