Background: Nothing special to add to Janell's email, but the Lewis family would like all of you to know that we love you and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! - Val
Wow, you all have been busy! Made me tired just thinking about it:)
I can't wait to get pictures of everything with Lynda's house. It sounds like there was a ton of work done. That is super exciting! I'm glad dad is getting some rest now.
It has been busy here. Festival of Lights is a fun time but it is exhausting too. I have seen many miracles come to pass and it is amazing. There was a lady that I met at outside of my apartment complex about 4 months ago during a fire drill. She came up to us and asked us if we were mormon. I was in my pj pants because my companion and I at the time were planning so I wasn't in a skirt when the fire alarm went off. It was a funny sight I'm sure but I had my name tag on. Anyway, she was super nice and said that we could stop by and say hello to her anytime. Our roommates went and chatted with her later that week and talked a little about the temple but she said that she wasn't interested in the church. They stopped going over and that was that. Forward now to when I just got transferred this last transfer...
I was thinking about this lady from 4 months earlier and how nice she was. We decided to text her and see how she was doing and maybe see if we could visit her. She texted back and said we could and that she was going through a hard time. We went up and chatted with her a couple of weeks ago. Her mom was in town but didn't come into the room to chat with us. We didn't talk about much other than why we were missionaries and how her life has been hard for the last month or so. We invited her to come to the Festival of Lights because it was such a nice beautiful place. She agreed and said that she would love that. Well, on Monday I was thinking about her and wanted to text her to remind her of the concert that night that we had invited her to. Things happened and I forgot to text her. But as I came upstairs from our sister's lounge, who was there?... It was her and her mom. She told me that she just texted us to tell us she was coming. It was such a blessing to see her AND her mom. So I talked to them about the temple and why we have them. She loved it all. I then had to go to my assigned area and so she and her mom went looking around before the concert started. Right before the concert was starting I was heading to my next post in the VC when I saw her and her mom and they came up to me to tell me that they wanted one of our books (the book of mormon of course). I was so happy inside! Her mom wanted a Persian book and she wanted one as well in english. I told her that we would come bring it by this week before they go home to California for the holidays. It is so amazing how Heavenly Father works. This lady is in my area now since I was transferred here and I will be able to give her a Book of Mormon and tell her what it is all about. I love this gospel and I love the miracles I see everyday. I kind of wish I would haved learned more Korean from Brian and Russian from Mindy because those would have come in handy here. I meet people from all over the world everyday. It is so cool! The Spirit of Christmas is the best. It is the best to testify of Jesus Christ and how He is the source of happiness and peace in this life. The gospel is true. I love it with all my heart.
Please let me know when Trent will be coming or if he will be coming here. I have anticipated him coming to the VC because a lot of the Baltimore elders come here during the festival.
Tell everyone how much I love them. I love you all so very much! I'm so happy to hear that people are doing good. I will be calling home on Christmas but don't know the time yet. Transfers are next week so a lot of information won't be sent out to us till next week. I just know that the phone conversation will be only 40 min long.
I love you all! Keep turing to the Savior in all that you do. He is the source of all joy. I love Him. I love all of you and miss you like crazy!
See ya!
Merry Christmas!
Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment