Background: I've added a few new recipients to Janell's weekly emails, so here's her blog in case the new people want to see past letters and photos: http://janellsmissionblog.blogspot.com/ The Festival of Lights is a nightly musical program at the Washington DC Visitor Center during the Christmas holidays. Every night is a new program. Sorry I'm late sending this report, but I've been in Idaho doing some house remodel work. When you see Janell refer to "Dobbie", that's her twin sister Jodee who has Prader-Willi Syndrome. Another email is close behind. - Val
The Festival of Lights is so wonderful! I was behind the scenes for the most part during Ambassador night because I was in the back pouring punch but it was cool. The gospel is being spread just by the atmosphere of the Visitor Center. Elder L. Tom Perry was the general authority that was there last week. We got to shake his hand. It was pretty awesome. He is so tall. He asked us where we were from and when I said Sacramento he said that his son just served as a mission president there not too long ago. I thought that was cool. He also told the sisters that they were sent to this mission because of our smiles. What a nice one he is:) Last weekend it was super busy but this week it has been quite slow but it will for sure pick up this week. Jenny Oaks Baker (Elder Oak's daughter) is performing this weekend and lots of people come when she plays. Next weekend we have a girl named Sandra Turley coming and singing. I wonder if Dave or Rene know her because she is a BYUer. Sang on Broadway in Les Mis I guess. Anyway, needless to say it should be busy and really good. I got to usher last night and watch a group from a highschool and they were cute. They did a good job. It is kind of cool everynight because all of the sisters get to be at the VC and it kind of feels like I'm going on stage or something. I miss the theatre so it works out great. Heavenly Father sent me to the right place:) He knows me so well!
Let's see...I don't know if I have many new miracles. I always think that the people I talk to could become a miracle someday and I just won't know about it. I had a lady come into the VC that got mad at me and another lady that was upset at the church but that is normal. Some people just choose to be angry and there is nothing anyone can say to help them choose otherwise. But I have met some very nice people who love coming to the festival of lights and talk about the good feeling that they get there. It really is amazing what this festival does to bring people to the gospel. Mom, we have a creche exhibit with nativities from all over the world as well. It is really cool.
To answer your question about Christmas, I don't really need anything at this point. Thank you for sending me stuff. I just feel bad because I just got my hair done and I bought a pillow and blanket since I have been needing those for the past 6 months. I have my Christmas now. But I did love the package. It was fun. I LOVED the things my Dobbie made. Tell her that I love her and miss her. I miss her wrapping.
I hope that everything at Lynda's goes well. Make sure and send pics. I want to know how everyone is doing. I really do miss my family so much so I like when I know how everyone and what everyone is doing. Please keep me posted.
Mom, I don't know if I told you that both my roommates are getting married! Yep. Ashlee and Carrie! And some other friends that I know. I won't have many friends when I get back but I am SO happy for all of them. I love them all so much! I love that they found great guys. I love seeing the blessings in other's lives while I am gone. Please let me know of the great things that are happening. I wish I could say that I'm teaching a ton of people...but...this area is one of the hardest. A few of our investigators decided that they are done with learning. I hope that someday they change their minds.
I love this gospel. It is so true. I see everyday how it blesses lives. Please tell all the birthday people I say happy birthday. I know that is lame and generic but my old brain doesn't work that well anymore and I can't even remember what I did yesterday...sad but true. I'm not the greatest missionary but I do love the work. Thank you for all your prayers in my behalf. I pray for you all the time. I have been so blessed to have the best people in my life. I am a lucky girl! Tell dobbie thanks for the doggie cards. I love them! LOVE YOU!
Sister Lewis
PS- there are so many missionaries that come to the VC from the Baltimore mission. I hope I will see Trent!
No comments:
Post a Comment